Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
What about those of us that miss shooting the groin in Fallout.

We're people too, you know.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
You can do that in Star Wars: The Old Republic, now free for all to play.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Nun.jpg

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Leonard-boyarsky-blizzcon09.jpg

Look at him. He's just bursting with joy working at Blizzard.
Dreaming of Fallout neon lights...

I guess his Troika experience was pretty traumatic if he is able to subject himself to such travesty.
:troll:

I hope Blizzard goes bankrupt just to see his next endeavours.

Darkzone

Arcane
DosBuster
So you also have to push all the red buttons, like me. And that is what you get from this.

Disclaimer:
Read 3x for all the possible meanings.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Does anybody else hear an instant messaging program's "ding" sound at 2:15-2:16? It's in the MP3 that comes with the Early Access too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No, there's definitely something there. It's really faint, though - you have to turn the volume up.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Arcane
I hear the 'ding', but I think it's just a faint pluck of the guitar string sound.

Cazzeris

Yeah, I can hear something too.

But I wouldn't identify it as an instant messaging program's "ding" sound. Though it really sounds similar.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Love the music. <3

Mark is a fucking wizard. A lot can be said of the game, but the music is damn excellent.

EDIT - How much of the whole OST is that? Half? Third? 5/6th? ...

Last edited:

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Gah, I sent Brian a message as to when the backer copies are going to be shipped. Brother None, can we get a bit of communication as to how shipping will be pulled off? Also, backer box shots! Please, I must see these boxes!

Also, anyone else curious as to how only online retailers are selling boxed copies? No brick and mortar stores are selling Wasteland 2.. a shame really.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I remember reading a thing where inXile told them that everything's being handled by Deep Silver so they need to contact them and then Deep Silver said that they needed to contact inXile.

So the answer is no one knows, it's a mess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Wow, this is cool: https://twitter.com/spiritedgeek/status/505475811659378688

Someone found my Easter Egg in Wasteland 2. Muwahaha! >:)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/34095131807396433/#c34096318735855606

The best of them all. A file in the gamefiles called "Diskette". This is the program that runs on the "snake" arcade machine in Rangers Citadel. The Arcade machine is in reality a emulator. It can run any 6205 game (The Comandore 64 was based of a modified 6502 processor) that you save in place of the "diskette" file. The file can be found here:
C:\Users\"user"\Documents\My Games\Wasteland2\Drive1

This is the explanation text from the "diskette" file:
Greetings programs! You might be wondering what this file is. This is Vargas's Snake game on the computer in Ranger Citadel. More specifically it's a program for a computer based on a 6502 processor... which we here at inXile emulated within the game. Replace this file with your own 6502 program and you have your very own 1980's 64k computer! Programs are loaded into memory location $7000, keyboard input at $FFF0, random number at $FFFA. Look at the code of this game to get hints on how to access the graphics (low res 32x32 and high res 160x160) and text mode. We even created a special font for text based games. There's lots of great resources online for programming for the 6502. Relive the glory of the computers of the 80's. From everyone here at inXile, a huge thank you to our backers for making Wasteland 2 a reality. Many of us started programming on 6502 based machines. They hold a special place in history and in our hearts. Just like the original Wasteland. We wanted to throw in a little Easter Egg for our backers who also remember peeking and poking and seeing '0x20' and thinking 'Jump'. Be sure to share your programs on our Wasteland 2 forum at inxile-entertainment.com! We'll have more helpful dev info there (full memory mapping details, soft switches, code snippets, etc) once people begin to discover this Easter Egg. Happy coding! ;) -inXile

Best Easter egg I've ever seen...

-ED-

tl;dr They implemented a Commodore 64 processor emulator in the game! :)

Last edited:
Weasel
That was unexpected. Brings backs a few memories of my C64 days.

And we have a Codexer who programmed "over 250 games for the C64"...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom