Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline We need less buttons!

goddamn!

• yes

• no

• kingcomrade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
So I'm coming back to the Codex after a long and well-deserving vacation.

"Ahhh, home sweet home" I says, puffing on a big black cigar, "muthafucka RPG Codex, greatest forum on the interwebz. Where a horse can tentacle rape Emma Watson with his mind and pretend Crispy is a 40 year old virgin, just like me!"

So I puts downs my suitcase and I's go, "hmm, I betta start a thread!" Been a long muthafucka time since I's started a thread, y'know? So I's go create thread on the main menu and I be like, what the fuck is this? This ain't my old create thread setup!

Now I gots to choose a logo to go before my thread title...

I gotta write the post.... (this was there before so's I'mma give it a pass, jus so u all know I'm being fair)

I gotta tag stuff... and if I's do wanna tag stuff I's gotta look up the past tags people's used so's I ain't be using shit tags nobody ain't using...

Now that right there coulda be okay, though then I scroll down and be like, HUH?!

I gotta approve of my post by clicking Preview... ... (that one's actually gots the three dots so's it be infringing on my post writing skillz yo, I be mad AF I gotta write three more dots what is that shit???? and it be like the button is like "huh you really wants to post that?" like it thinks my post is shit or something. fuck you button. I'mma kick you ass.)

Now I's could post my thread! but no, that ain't all at all, no sir. now i gotta think about whether or not I's care about monitoring my thread. I be like, uuuuuhhhhh hey creep, leave a nigga alone, aight? I ain't give you my internet mail fool. I know that nigga NiggaUnderlord be selling that info on the Aussie black market (which sheeeeeit that shit be like the whole Australia nigga!)

Moving on, there's muthafucka options to post a poll! I be like, hmmm, yeah, that shit could be cool. Like some hilarious yes, no, kingcomrade, volourn sucks my dick thing. the kind of hilarious prank the codex is well known for! But that shit is just too much to ask when all you wanna do is create a thread. goddamn! I's decided to hold off on the Volourn prank. That nigga ain't got it easy these days. Much love and respect to my V-sizzle. You gonna make it bro.

Aight! Poll created! But now whats do I's see? "Maximum Selectable Responses". I be like, whaaaaaaaaa-- cuz I originally read it like "Maximum Security Prison" and I got worried. I'mma send the hospital and cleaning bill to you, Codex feds. Ain't never taking me alive, fool. I always be on the lookout for that Spazmo guy. I know he still be out there somewhere just waiting to grab me and bully me.

Anyways, so's I fill that shit in. I think to give you all plenty of options so I just go "unlimited". Unlimited like the size of my dick. Hahaha. Yeah ladies, I'm a grower. I always be growing shit. Vegetables, flowers, my dick. U know what I'm saying? Hahaha. pm me if u all r interested. no gamer girls though.

alright so now I be thinking I be done and shit. I mean, shit, this shit's a lot of work just to create a damn thread. Goddamn. But no, now I gotta customize this damn poll shit some more. Goddamn, I only got a damn life, niggas. I ain't got time for this! I'mma copy-paste this stuff and comment on them. Alright here we go

Allow voters to change their votes
Nah fuck no, this shit ain't like some brexit shit, niggas. u vote for kingcomrade u vote for kingcomrade that shits final and if u vote for all three alternatives that shit's final too! no do-overs! u piss in the bed u sleep in it too gosh darn it

Display votes publicly
Yeah shit I'm all for democracy and shit. we gots to do this in the open. this is what gamergate was all about niggas! #NEVARFORGET

Allow the results to be viewed without voting
Nah nah nah HEEEEELLLL NOOO NIGGA! we can't have that shit! just cuz your best friend in the world vote for kingcomrade don't mean u have to feel obfuscated to vote the same! u gotta do what u wanna do nigga! don't be a follower! every man is a leader and don't forget that lol!

Close this poll after:
aight now this be like total hardcore wack! again this ain't no brexit. i ain't got no deadline for this. u can vote whenever u want! or don't lol it's all up to you nigga! u gots the powah! u like he-man nigga!

Okay so that's everything but now I gotta "PREVIEW..." this shit again! I swear that fucka button ain't trusting me. That button is racist AF!

So annie way like u all can probably see where I'm going with this shit. we need less buttons. or shit, I need less buttons! I's wish I's only had like one button. Like I's pressed it and something awesome would happen.

Can it be done? Well, shit, I've given u niggas my feedback at least!

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
hqdefault.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Just an interesting thought, but it WOULD be interesting to see the forum's "social" aspect being determined by just one button.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for the Brofist system to be brought back here...but imagine if every post had a choice - Push The Button on it, or not? No reason given, it's just "XXX, YYY and ZZ others pressed the button on this" with no explanation provided.

And then each user's profile page tracks how many times THEY pushed the button, not the other way around.

But what would the Button represent? Whatever the hell you want it to. Wishing death upon someone? Hoping that Scrooge Senpai notices you? Pissing off the mods? Voting for Trump? The Codex doesn't care, but it'll provide you with a Toy to suit your make-believe role-playing needs.

If that's not good enough for you, you can get the Golden Button for 25 dollarydoos. Hit that post with a Golden Button and get ahead of the crowd!

You can't lose!

Mustawd

Just an interesting thought, but it WOULD be interesting to see the forum's "social" aspect being determined by just one button.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for the Brofist system to be brought back here...but imagine if every post had a choice - Push The Button on it, or not? No reason given, it's just "XXX, YYY and ZZ others pressed the button on this" with no explanation provided.

And then each user's profile page tracks how many times THEY pushed the button, not the other way around.

But what would the Button represent? Whatever the hell you want it to. Wishing death upon someone? Hoping that Scrooge Senpai notices you? Pissing off the mods? Voting for Trump? The Codex doesn't care, but it'll provide you with a Toy to suit your make-believe role-playing needs.

If that's not good enough for you, you can get the Golden Button for 25 dollarydoos. Hit that post with a Golden Button and get ahead of the crowd!

You can't lose!

That's the worst idea I ever heard about anything.

Mustawd

True. Site Feedback is a revolving door of one bad idea replaced by another. Sometimes there are multiple threads about the same bad idea.

I'm starting to think this subforum is nothing but one horribly bad idea.

mondblut

Arcane
Doesn't scale to your level, Andy. I bet you wouldn't last 10% of party generation process in any semi-decent RPG released before 1996. Too many buttons and choices and shit.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fewer cookies, less cake, and you'll never forget it.

SniperHF

Arcane
First of all, no we don't need less buttons.

Second of all, OP pictured here:
:trigglypuff:

Third, post #3.....Good thing I'm a fast scroller I was in the office when I first clicked this thread :lol:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
No, no, it's actually fairly accurate.

Honestly though, why hasn't the Codex - for all its love of fuggery and shenanigans - thought up a awesome button? Like we have a million different icons for iced semen to throw at each other's posts but nothing actually useful. Like you push a button, a big red button, and you instantly post something awesome.

Allow me to demonstrate. Like this:

Step 1: be an important white cis male (unlike virtually everyone who joined in 2014 :decline: worst goddamn year of all time :argh:)
Step 2: push the big red button with your superior white male finger (god I hate women and minorities so much :argh:)
pressbutton.jpg

Step 3: post created
you said:
MY BONER LOOKS DOWN ON THE EARTH IS IT GOD
you said:
I LIKE ALPHA PROTOCOL THIS MUCH!
you said:
That can't be legal!

Etc. Etc. Etc.

What do you say, folks? Good idea, or best idea?

Mustawd

I have a feeling this is all a gay agenda ruse. Sorry Jaesun , but this talk of touching one button to fix everything sounds really gay to me. Not that it's a bad thing of course. :codexisfor:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Every year/whatever it feels like these linger for longer. Is this just in my head? Or has this crap been around for far longer than ever this time?

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Second of all, OP pictured here:

You must be new here... :M

You live in the past, Jaesun. Like it or not, times have changed and Codex doesn't care about the "prestige" of ancient relics anymore. Oldfags like kc and Andyman drop in once in a year of so, thinking that people will suck their dicks because they registered so long ago but this is false. Your time is over, decrepit old men. If you don't defend your place, you are going to be forgotten and cast aside. It is time for the new generation, New Order of young, capable Codexers to decide the spirit of the new age and create the future. The glorious, bright white future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom