Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline What happened to quotes?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What the fuck is this shit?

131dea1c0a.png

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I preferred the tiny icons from yesterday when the quote layout was broken, this on the other hand is going to take some getting used to.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Horrible. But not as horrible as being unable to play D:OS :x

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I liked the smaller avatars better. Also the current setup looks horrible on multi quotes.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*sigh*
Godfuckingdammit, DU. Seriously, just...godfuckingdammmit, man.
Now everything looks like a CRPG conversation
Is that why all the dialogue sounds like Skyrim's and the choices are Biowarean?
Wondering how multiquoting shows now.

Edit: Jesus :lol:
I need to see triple quotes.
Quadruple quotes!

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
So apparently there a new quotation feature where if a user clicks reply on a post A that quotes another post B, only post A is included.

I guess that's one way of fixing the nested quotes issue.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
That's a default XenForo thing - the mod was supposed to fix it. Only, it only fixes it when avatars are also quoted BECAUSE THAT MAKES THE LEAST SENSE.

Angthoron

Arcane
What the fuck happened to quoting again? Seems that it's only possible to quote the last quote in the chain of quotes now, this is annoying.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
What the fuck happened to quoting again? Seems that it's only possible to quote the last quote in the chain of quotes now, this is annoying.
Yeah, that's a custom code change we have to make every-time to fix that. The mod that showed avatars in quotes was supposed to make this an easy control panel option but, like pretty much all mods, is bugged and only works if "display avatars" is enabled. I've nixed that mod and done the standard fix, so this should be as per normal now.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, that's a custom code change we have to make every-time to fix that. The mod that showed avatars in quotes was supposed to make this an easy control panel option but, like pretty much all mods, is bugged and only works if "display avatars" is enabled. I've nixed that mod and done the standard fix, so this should be as per normal now.
Yeah, works now, great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom