Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What happened to the search feature?

gromit

Arcane
Well, it's a very nit-picky point anyway.

J1M

Arcane
Would a search box that tosses out a "site:rpgcodex.net mysearchstring" query to google work as a (temporary) replacement?

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Would a search box that tosses out a "site:rpgcodex.net mysearchstring" query to google work as a (temporary) replacement?
seems to have worked before when they implemented it IIRC

obviously it probably doesn't help with the "closed" forums, but who cares amirite

though again obviously depending on how much more time we're without it it could not be worth the effort to implement it

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Probably not. I expect I'll be moving Codex to a new server in advance of the other sites and everything will be turned back on there.

dragonbait

Augur
I was going to post a new thread about this subject, but luckily I stumbled across this one. I think the search feature was a good one. There are so many posts on this site and to have to search through pages and pages of threads to find something would not make sense. Sure there is google, but a site search function is much more direct and efficient. Besides that, I can imagine that there must have been allot of duplicate posts since the search option was turned off.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Search isn't fully working for me. There are no results for searching threads or posts by user, searching for keywords is fine though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, the search seems to have not indexed most of the posts on the Codex. It only brings up old shit.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Search isn't fully working for me. There are no results for searching threads or posts by user, searching for keywords is fine though.

I just tried searching for you in this thread and your post came up. Post an example listing in detail where you search, how, using what terms and what it isn't finding.

Yes, the search seems to have not indexed most of the posts on the Codex. It only brings up old shit.

As above.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
There was a year-old unfixed bug in the ES version I downloaded yesterday (you'd think we weren't paying extra for this...). I applied the fix manually and rebuilt the search and it finds plenty of everything now. Let me know if anything's still off.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Oh, XenForo... looks like the previous cache rebuilds I did actually silently errored and didn't fully rebuild the search cache, only XF didn't display the errors. Since I've applied that manual fix, running full rebuilds of all data sets again has finally indexed everything. I HOPE.

spekkio

Arcane
Works fine as long as you donate at least 10$:

OZj9B5Y.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom