Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime What the fuck is this

Nikaido

Arcane
In My Safe Space
EDIT: And while I'm here, IRC plugins rely on IRC. Which is fine but it means everyone needs a separate login, and mods would have to login otherwise we lose the channel / their rights (which has happened before when the #codex channel was taken over once and nobody cared). Ideally I want something integrated with XF so there's no extra login required.

On rizon the expiration takes effect for 90 consecutive days of absence. Logging once in a while to avoid reaching 90 days shouldn't be too hard. Unless you want irc to scale to your level? :smug:

You can even set a Channel Successor. What that means is that if someone let their nickserv registration drop (90 of not ever logging whatsoever) their power can be transferred to another selected as the Successor.

And then you always have the option to use a bouncer for the channel Founder account.

DU is right about the IRC complications. It's never going to be sufficient. It doesn't matter what other features it has, if it has separate logins then the arguments are void.

Personally I had no problems with the original shoutbox but I can see the benefits in multiple chatrooms with separate topics.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I never liked IRC.
And I'm a programmer (afaik, we're supposed to like it because, uhm... it has bots and scripted stuff and things).
It absolutely makes sense to have a chat system using the same user accounts as the rest of the website.

Wait a moment, was Darth Roxor writing to Jesus to stop the chat? Wow.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
HblZFF1.jpg

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
please, give them whatever they want. shoutbox is the escape valve for GD shitposters, without it GD will become (can you imagine?) even worse!

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The new chat sucks. Emotes don't work any more, the stupid bar at the bottom of the browser is intrusive, and I'm getting trigger warnings ALL OVER THE PLACE whenever I see someone like DDZ listed as a "mod".

Revert it.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
On rizon the expiration takes effect for 90 consecutive days of absence. Logging once in a while to avoid reaching 90 days shouldn't be too hard. Unless you want irc to scale to your level? :smug:

You can even set a Channel Successor. What that means is that if someone let their nickserv registration drop (90 of not ever logging whatsoever) their power can be transferred to another selected as the Successor.

And then you always have the option to use a bouncer for the channel Founder account.
Or just host your own fucking server and make nickserv drop after 5000000 gazillion years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom