Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Angthoron

Arcane
This makes me tempted to fire up the alpha that I have and see it for myself. Wow.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/479436625361911808

Andwhirlwind_zps34e1ed99.jpg

I doubt that Arms warriors will end up anywhere as bad as the Alpha/Beta patch notes show it to be. The EU/US forum QQ was enough to get A lot of the Warrior patch notes lined through and a promise of a major pass before any other changes take place. And with a lot of big Youtuber,Twitch streams also playing warriors, I imagine Blizzard will bend over backwards to keep that gravy train running.

These new designers don't have a clue.

I thought they were old Devs that were coming back to the game after project Titan's implosion?. This has lead a lot of people to think that Warlords iis a test bed for many of the ideas that were going to be in Titan.

But right now next to nothing coming out of Warlords has got anyone really excited. And any new news on what was meant to get players excited is just pissing them off even more.

Last edited:

Echo Mirage

Arcane

I thought they were old Devs that were coming back to the game after project Titan's implosion?. This has lead a lot of people to think that Warlords iis a test bed for many of the ideas that were going to be in Titan.
Has Titan imploded? I really have no idea what happened to that project.

The last news I heard about project Titan was that Blizzard was reworking the entire game and Devs that had come from the WOW team to work on it had been sent back to work on Warlords and other content. Most likely Blizzard has seen the all the gravestones of all the failed MMO's that have come and gone over the last 10 years and have came to the conclusion that not only have they killed the genre of MMO's. But also they have no hope in hell of repeating the successes and luck that WoW had at the time of launch.

Angthoron

Arcane

Has Titan imploded? I really have no idea what happened to that project.

The last news I heard about project Titan was that Blizzard was reworking the entire game and Devs that had come from the WOW team to work on it had been sent back to work on Warlords and other content. Most likely Blizzard has seen the all the gravestones of all the failed MMO's that have come and gone over the last 10 years and have came to the conclusion that not only have they killed the genre of MMO's. But also they have no hope in hell of repeating the successes and luck that WoW had at the time of launch.
Heh, I see. Sadly it's true, they don't seem to have any idea of what actually made their game good to begin with as a whole.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes, that's the latest info on Titan. I think they just decided... with 8 million (?) subscribers why are we bothering to make another MMO? They're making truckloads with WoW, probably a hefty profit on Hearthstone that only has like ten total people working on it and they're about to join the MOBA fray with Heroes. In a few years I'm sure they'll con more people out of their money with Diablo 4.

Angthoron

Arcane
I honestly can't believe how half-assed they have become. Does anyone still remember Starcraft Map of the Week thing, when devs made one new map per week, and even made a tiny pointless story around it?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I honestly can't believe how half-assed they have become. Does anyone still remember Starcraft Map of the Week thing, when devs made one new map per week, and even made a tiny pointless story around it?

Decline spreads faster than any plague.

Edit: I just read the changelog (why...) and can't believe some changes. Most of those would be perfect for April fools

Last edited:

Avellion

Erudite
Massive success tends to do that to corporations, as it gives them enough breaving room to bury their own heads in their asses, all they need is a little wake up call. One way or another.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My guess is they're desperately dumbing the game game down to attract more people now that WoW is in a spiraling decline. I don't see any other reason for them to do so. Maybe next they'll actually get desperate enough to make official vanilla or TBC servers.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My guess is they're desperately dumbing the game game down to attract more people now that WoW is in a spiraling decline. I don't see any other reason for them to do so. Maybe next they'll actually get desperate enough to make official vanilla or TBC servers.

I've yet to see a mmo company launch legacy / progression servers in the right way.

Those types of servers always ends up being modified to make the original content more accessible to casual players or they leave in items / gear / weapons that weren't originally part of the current progression timeline thereby making the content much easier or even trivial to complete.

I imagine the way mmo companies launch those types of servers is they take whatever the current iteration / expansion of the game is and just restrict it to the original zones.

Ninjerk

Arcane
They need to kill WoW off so players will be compelled to move to whatever new shit they create with RMAH scam, in-client purchasable DLC, etc. can get off the ground.

Hellraiser

Arcane
How the hell do they still have millions playing this. One million at most I could understand, but you'd think anyone but the most obsessive specimens who ever tried and even liked this would get burned out on the formula years ago.

Ninjerk

Arcane
How the hell do they still have millions playing this. One million at most I could understand, but you'd think anyone but the most obsessive specimens who ever tried and even liked this would get burned out on the formula years ago.
Sunk cost type thing. Soon as you jack out you have to realize that you can't take any of that stuff you earned with you, and I doubt the average gamer has the maturity to recognize the worth of an experience without some souvenir or token (or better yet cultivated physical asset/skill).

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Popularity breeds popularity.

"Oh, why I'm buying wow/cod/etc.? Because my friends are playing it."

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Force of habit. The longer one has played the least likely they are to quit.

J1M

Arcane
I wouldn't be surprised if wow had a million active accounts of people who are too lazy to unsubscribe and haven't even logged in for two years.

There's probably another million that take it as a point of pride that they have maintained a continuous subscription for 9 years.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
lol

wuz the new exp about again? The storyline is on such a super-wow-epic trajectory that Im kinda invested

Martius

Liturgist
At first I thought its stupid but its also genius move from business perspective! Blizzard could just keep making expansion about new time lines. No need to worry about lore any more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom