Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
so umm these tokens... is it like in EVE where you can log in for 2 hours to redeem your token? So could I log in, buy one from the AH and then redeem it to get a month of playtime? Because it would be pretty derpy if I had to resub first to then buy a token from the AH

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
so umm these tokens... is it like in EVE where you can log in for 2 hours to redeem your token? So could I log in, buy one from the AH and then redeem it to get a month of playtime? Because it would be pretty derpy if I had to resub first to then buy a token from the AH

You can log in these days without sub, but all your 20+ characters are unavailable and Starter Edition restrictions apply.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

You can log in these days without sub, but all your 20+ characters are unavailable and Starter Edition restrictions apply.

Ohh, I see! Good, now to find someone who is rich enough ingame to buy me a token...

Angthoron :desu:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron

Ohh, I see! Good, now to find someone who is rich enough ingame to buy me a token...

Shush you, tokens are BoP once you pay gold. No gifting.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member

WHAT?!

How retarded is that???

Wilian

Arcane
Patron

WHAT?!

How retarded is that???

Blizztarded

Xenich

Cipher
So, for 20 bucks, a person can buy 3 hours worth of gold acquisition (token is 20 bucks). A quick look online shows 20-30k gold to be around $14-20 US. Hmm... It is a little more, though I would imagine people will go with Blizzard as the gold seller because it also comes with their permission.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I... think I have that much but I can't access it because it's on my highlvl chars. Derp

Once the system comes on it'll automatically bill you from your total gold of all characters, deducting even amount from all as far as I know. From the character screen UI

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I spent several hours every day for a week grinding mobs to get enough gold for fast winter flying training in WotLK.... :negative:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
I spent several hours every day for a week grinding mobs to get enough gold for fast winter flying training in WotLK.... :negative:

Pfth, I spent entire week farming Saronite from end of the work to start of the work to be one of the first ones in the server to get Chopper. And I did. I was 4th or 5th. Now everyone can get it just by buying some heirlooms cheap ._.

Cromwell

Arcane

Pfth, I spent entire week farming Saronite from end of the work to start of the work to be one of the first ones in the server to get Chopper. And I did. I was 4th or 5th. Now everyone can get it just by buying some heirlooms cheap ._.

Back In my Day I had to walk until level 50 because as a poor priest I could not afford the 100 gold for a mount! And when I reachedd fifty one of my friends donated the mount money. You dont know how good you had it later!

Wilian

Arcane
Patron

Back In my Day I had to walk until level 50 because as a poor priest I could not afford the 100 gold for a mount! And when I reachedd fifty one of my friends donated the mount money. You dont know how good you had it later!

Back In my Day half of the racial mounts didn't even have fall animation to enjoy so I couldn't seen mine until patch 1.6

And when I could I cried of joy, you have no idea how good you had it later.

Angthoron

Arcane

:takemymoney:

GreyViper

Prophet
All that nostalgia trips are nice, but I cant help to think that some of the night riding could have been well spent just sleeping.
Btw what EU server are you guys, im playing on Al Akir server horde.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There is... but since you can find it just as easily as I can with Google then there's no reason you can't search for it yourself.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Didn't know where to post this, guess this place is okay.

A buddy of mine came to the idea that we, after about 4 years of not-playing, return to Azeroth for some moar. The way I figure, WoW (without Warlords of Derpnor, that doesn't interest me now) costs 5 EUR when it is on sale (and it often is) and comes with an initial month sub. I've also got some 10-days passes for WoW which I got with other Blizz games I've bought, so if they're still able to use, I potentially I have 2 months of WoW for 5 EUR. 5 EUR is a couple of beers I can skip.

My question here is, basically, is it worth it now?
I haven't played WoW since WotLK. I'm not sure about the changes etc. Tried Starter Edition out, it seems okay. I figure I could boost a couple of toons to level 20 before actually giving any money to Blizz and could have a few months of fun.

Thoughts?

Edit: Googled a bit, seems these guess passes aren't worth shit now. Regardless, a month for a couple of euros doesn't seem bad.

Angthoron

Arcane
If you're not going to try WoD, don't bother.

Then again, I don't know what your interest is, YMMV, maybe you'd want to see the post-Cata questing or something.

Atomkilla

Arcane
If you're not going to try WoD, don't bother.

Then again, I don't know what your interest is, YMMV, maybe you'd want to see the post-Cata questing or something.

I figure there's a lot of stuff I've missed from older expansions, so I don't see much point in rushing to WoD right now.

As for my interest...I dunno, I guess I want to waste way a boring month in summer away with my buddies on WoW or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom