Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Why am I so autistic?

ThatsRightImInIt

Educated
I can not commit an evil action within an RPG without feeling like a horrible person. It all started when I sold Sulik from Fallout 2 into slavery for about 1200$ during the late 90's. I realized what I had done; I started crying uncontrollably. Mom took my Fallout 2 disc after this. I still played the fuck out of Fallout 2, but I never did anything evil.

I am still like this today; I won't cry if I do anything bad but if I do something that is "evil" 9/10 times I will restart the game, no matter where I am, even if I have put 100+ hours into the game. Is anyone else like this?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I can not commit an evil action within an RPG without feeling like a horrible person. It all started when I sold Sulik from Fallout 2 into slavery for about 1200$ during the late 90's. I realized what I had done; I started crying uncontrollably. Mom took my Fallout 2 disc after this. I still played the fuck out of Fallout 2, but I never did anything evil.

I am still like this today; I won't cry if I do anything bad but if I do something that is "evil" 9/10 times I will restart the game, no matter where I am, even if I have put 100+ hours into the game. Is anyone else like this?
You're certainly an interesting specimen.

It is time for another... test:
http://cognitivequiz.com/quiz.html

Cthulhu_is_love

No, that's not normal. Try selling your wife/husband, maybe that will help.

Cause slavery makes me giggle like the little girlie i am.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Nope.

Ulrox

Arbiter
Just force yourself to be evil on a star wars kotor 1-2 playthrough. Eventually you can't help but give in to the dark side... Usually these things have a lot to do with how we were raised by our parents - and yours were probably quite strict.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

So you care about Sulik but not about all those poor radscorpions or a death claws you killed

That's true evil

Think about it

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I know it's a troll OP, but i have something similar. I do ''try out'' some of the evil paths and then reload, but i can't for my life play as a total prick/asshole the whole game. In some quests i do the swindler route, but that is because it doesn't make a difference or the quest giver is an arse too. Never cried or smth bs like OP states, but felt really bad after some misdeeds

Naraya

Arcane
I know it's a troll OP, but i have something similar. I do ''try out'' some of the evil paths and then reload, but i can't for my life play as a total prick/asshole the whole game. In some quests i do the swindler route, but that is because it doesn't make a difference or the quest giver is an arse too. Never cried or smth bs like OP states, but felt really bad after some misdeeds
I have the exact same "problem", I just got used to it though.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Yeah, I have this shit. Which is annoying because I want to replay some games (that have a big replayability potential) differently, but can't, so every replay is almost exactly the same.

It's not even the fact that I can't do outright evil things myself, but I must prevent ALL bad things from happening, so I could never let dogmeat die from the force fields, for example. And not only that, I had some huge problems with dogmeat at the oil rig, because you can't go in there with anyone since it turns the whole base red. So after a lot of deliberation, I decided just for this playthrough I'd give dogmeat a quick and painless death by gibbing him with a bozar at point blank range. He soaked in 500 damage, let out a pitiful whine and didn't die. Dem feels I felt, holy shit. Reloaded the game super fast and didn't try that ever again. Eventually, restarted the game entirely and decided not to meet dogmeat at all. Yep, I'm autistic too.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Can't play evil as well... it's just against the moral. Though I would never restart the whole game. Reloading a savegame is enough. I mean, you don't restart the whole game just because you got killed once, or do you? That would be stupid (except you set yourself a "survival challenge").

But if games would at least offer the choice to play bad and evil the whole time and consistently, it would be an option for a second playthrough. But most just offer you pseudo-choices or dead ends. So even though you try to be evil, you can't be all evil. It contradicts with your intention to be evil.

The last game coming to my mind, where I actually wanted to be evil, was Dragon Age Origins: I just wanted to kill all and everything in there. Why care about their stupid political plots, background stories, twists, conspiracies anyways... So why not just kill them all and create a dictatorship of evil? I doubt it's possible, so I never finished this walkthrough.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Why ''autistic'' to begin with. This just shows you're naturally kind hearted. Like a lot of codexers here. Autism is something different.
You guses are simply too :love:

Cthulhu_is_love

So is killing random npcs in town for loot also a bad action for you or would that be ok?

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
I felt bad the first time I played rollercoaster tycoon and drowned one of the peeps - poor kid just wanted to ride some coasters and eat cotton candy but instead he went all blub blub blub :negative:

I used to always play good guys until I did a playthrough of Bloodlines where I kept my Humanity as low as possible. Turned out evil can be fun too. Then I did a total asshole playthrough of Fallout 2 and that was pretty cool too. Not enough games offer entertaining evil options though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom