Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Why idiots like KOTOR?

DemonKing

Arcane
geminito said:
What strategy is this reviewer talking about? KOTOR was the easiest game I've ever played. It was amusing to watch sometimes, but I never really felt like I was the one in control.

Well, perhaps you haven't played Dungeon Siege yet? Compared to that, KOTOR is hard-core strategy! :wink:

Saint_Proverbius said:
They're still doing the Neverwinter Wednesdays? Still?

Yup, it looks like they are.. And.. Really.. How embarrassing for those people.

Whats a neverwinter wednesday, and do I want to know....

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"This is a forum where Volourn is tolerated"

Only because of the 'Codex' "No Ban" policy. If it were up to many, I'd have been banned a long time ago. Just look at the thread specifcially asking for my bannage.

I like KOTOR; but it's overrated. Period.

Jed

Cipher
I still wuv you Volournie!

Plus, I think you just made the most accurate and succinct comment on KotOR.

ichpokhudezh

Liturgist
the protagonist is very open-ended. You'll design him or her exactly as you see fit in terms of skills and appearance
The emphasis is mine.
There are only 2 end choices: a 'prodigal knight' or a 'Sith uber-Lord'.

As such, Light-side Force skills are available to good characters, Dark-side Force skills are available to evil characters, and neutral characters may sample from both
All powers are available to all alignments. The FP 'cost' depends on one's alignment.

Thanks to the wrong or questionable statements like this, the review in question is best (dis)regarded as drivel.

In response to the the topic: KotOR features the irresistible attraction of TEH SHINYS
http://www.kotorfanfic.com/aileen/01.html

Jed

Cipher
ichpokhudezh said:
the protagonist is very open-ended. You'll design him or her exactly as you see fit in terms of skills and appearance
The emphasis is mine.
There are only 2 end choices: a 'prodigal knight' or a 'Sith uber-Lord'.
No, you don't understand: Avatar appearance and custom lightsabers = TEH ROELPLAYENG!!!1

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
xJEDx said:
Are you ever going to point out where I called you a name?
I was trying to just drop the whole thing, but...

xJEDx said:
Anti-Codex troll #8,971. How many days do you think he'll last? It has been slow for news lately, so I guess this might provide some entertainment. Overall, I do have to say that the "once a month some chump drops by to tell us that we WRONG!" bit is getting pretty tiresome
Not a horrible name but a name nontheless. But I'm over it now, really. Let's all move on.

ichpokhudezh

Liturgist
xJEDx said:
No, you don't understand: Avatar appearance and custom lightsabers = TEH ROELPLAYENG!!!1
Custom hilts would have been TEH R0X0RZ1 and really made it TEH RPG.

Judas said:
xJEDx said:
I do have to say that the "once a month some chump drops by to tell us that we WRONG!" bit is getting pretty tiresome
Not a horrible name but a name nontheless. But I'm over it now, really. Let's all move on.
"Assface" would have been a "name". As to your objection to being lumped with other fools, would you care to demonstrate why that doesn't apply? Otherwise it's your unsupported opinion only. As far as I'm concerned you're way far from over it. Rather you're smack in the middle of it.

Jed

Cipher
Judas said:
Actually, I was naming a phenomenon, but hey -- if you feel implicated, who am I to argue?

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
I am gonna second Seven's fond recollection of the halycon days of yore when the 'dex had only Voluorn for its whipping..whatever. Sure the occasional troll was fun, but they were so rare that the flames were fantastically elaborate. Now we get them so often that we too have to resort to the insta-anti-troll medicine which just aint as much fun as a 50 page thread with posts of 100 multiple choice questions about what a maroon the trolling poster is. While plenty of damn good gaming discussion still ensues here a lot more time and bandwidth has been siphoned into dismissing the assmonkeys.

And to whomever the orginal troll is, (I honestly can''t be bothered to scroll down the page and get your name) one of the best things about the dex is nobody gets banned. Banning is for pussy crybabies, and whatever else they may be the folks running the 'dex aint that.

Sociolgical worth notwithstanding I don't get trolls. What is the fucking point? I guess there is some fun in being an asshole, but could they please do it with a modicum of wit and grace? Of course then I guess they wouldn't be trolls, but regulars :) .

Oh well. I guess it is kinda neat to be a small part of a site that draws the ire of so many of the wankboards out there.

Avin

Liturgist
"As KOTOR is an RPG, combat plays a huge role in the game" WHAT THE FUCK??? it's me or this guy should say "ACTION GAME" instead of "RPG"? geez... i will have a shower.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom