Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I've been wanting a good open world top down hack and slash my entire gaming life and it looks like this one is going to deliver. It's incredible that no suits ever suggested making an open world diablo, although Diablo 3 was apparently supposed to be that, but in disgusting 3D.

And it's a looker too. With divinity like battle physics and even more environment destruction.

CryEngine is the gift that keeps on giving.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
New update with more gameplay:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra/posts/1246440

Today, we are going to share a long video with footage for Umbra. We recorded a gameplay video that will let you see more about the game and the skills you’ll be using. We also detail some of the game features that are already implemented, as well as others that will be available in the final game.

Also, as a bonus, we added the one-hour twitch session with Crytek that took place two days ago! It was a great time, and we had a lot of fun sharing this session with Crytek and with all the viewers, and the video is quite instructive about the game! Oh, and if you want to get some of your friends and followers on social media join us to fund Umbra, be sure to share both videos with them!

I think they should introduce some stretch goals, they will make the targeted amount, that's guaranteed.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
I really can't listen to the french accent for more than 1 min. It's unbearable.

What is it with Cryengine Kickstarters barely meeting their goals?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Housing in a Diablo clone? Anyway, like Grim Dawn this will probably be on sale multiple times during Steam Early Access before it's actually released.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
They just hit the goal of $225,000. Good for them, now let's see what they have got in mind for stretch goals.

Cthulhu_is_love

When will the people learn it? We don't need more Diablo clones!

Hack and Slash isn't even evolving for graphic whores because of top-down view.

bminorkey

It looks fun but I don't really trust any game with multiplayer support.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Reading the KS comment section makes my brain hurt. Even the SJW have infiltrated because apparently it's not acceptable for a small indie developer to not have a playable female character.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
They managed to hit their initial stretch goals ($360,000 playable female character) and now introduced a bunch of others.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra/posts/1262163

Not happy about the direction they are taking this game. Like, about $100k worth of dungeon master goals? That sound's like something from Sword Coast Legends. Now all the cool stuff, like extra bosses, expanded skill tree are basically impossible to achieve.

Atchodas

Augur
This is gona be one shitty game (and it looked good before KS ) main focus seems to be cash grab due to KS and then keep selling this shit to steam plebs on sale, Marketing it by how shiny shit is, KS goals are pathetic mostly , playable female character, KS only armor sets for imbiciles, housing rofl, also dont forget To include romances because thats what is important , its developers must be complete faggots Their target audience autists , hipsters, fags and various kind of womyn ( with a dick or just ugly in general) , jeesus did gaming come to this im gona puke

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funded.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1062682568/umbra/posts/1263320

Thank you!

Thank you!

It has been an amazing ride for all of us at SolarFall Games, and we couldn't have reached this achievement without all of your support.

Our Kickstarter was an intense and very rewarding experience. We started with a pretty excited but anxious state of mind and quickly rejoiced when we saw how many backers were supporting our game! Kickstarter management is a very hard and intense activity, but all the backers comment and their keen interest in what we wanted to offer inspired us to keep going strong! The community also provided us with some valuable feedback and interesting ideas, and once again, we're thankful for that!

Press coverage has also been great during the whole campaign, and we also want to thank all the Youtubers and Twitchers - Gronkh, Natsuma_Z, AbilityDrain, Irregular Dave and more - that featured our game on their channels, as well as all the media outlets that helped us to spread the word about Umbra !

Umbra has ended at over 180% funded, thanks to 11k backers, which is definitely higher than our initial goal! Umbra has now become the most funded French game project on Kickstarter, and we can’t thank you enough for this! Umbra will now be a bigger and better game thanks to all of your help.

So, what’s next?

In the followings months, we'll open the forum, and all backers at their respective tiers will get access to the forum, as well as their precious forum badges!

We will also make sure we get all the prototype access ready for backers at the Wizard or higher tier in the following two months so that you can get a glimpse of what Umbra is all about !

For a few more days, people who didn’t get a chance to pledge at the Kickstarter will be able topurchase reward packs on our website, featuring the exclusive content for the Kickstarter. But once that time is up, we will switch to a more classical pre-order shop, and all the Kickstarter exclusive rewards will be gone! So if you know someone who missed the Kickstarter for Umbra, or who didn't have access to a credit card, be sure to share with them the link to our website!

And after that… well, we will restart working on the actual game!

We plan to release the Technical Alpha on Steam Early Access (around November-December 2015). We will also restart to work on our Devblog, to show you some of the cool tech we use in the game!

And for those of you that haven’t done so already be sure to find us in our social media pages below:

Daniel Dolui, SolarFall Games, Creator of Umbra

58742ddb049e4828cb77091a2ff3c1f0_original.jpg

Moink

Cipher
Hey I backed that on kickstarter ages ago.

I think I was meant to get a key but never got one

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom