Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ WoW Rebirth: a vanilla private server

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Make up yer fukkin minds before I level anything.

Ah well, I need to go now but I guess I'll make an Alliance warrior when I come back, so I can join Xor and wield an Arcanite Reaper!

But what race though? Hmm …

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If you happen to make human, I have level 8 Paladin (because tr00 Paladins level multiple of them) around Elwynn. Warrior/pally duo can be quite effective.

Xor is already level 19 from what I can see so he's a tad ahead.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Human for DPS probably since they get mace and weapon skill which in Vanilla I've heard was crazy OP when on items (increased crit rate by a lot or something), NElf is cool for PvP since you can Shadowmeld charge people when they get near whatever thing you're camping (and if you can drop combat you can dodge projectiles I think), Stoneform will let you cleanse bleeds and poisons off yourself (good against rogues and other warriors), and gnomes are, well, gnomes.

Alliance is clearly the master race(faction), not only becasue of dwarves and fear ward, but also it doesn't have retarded capitals unlike under city and thundebluff. Then of course there are the much superior zones, have fun in barrens with out a mount. Also dwarves.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Will roll a human warrior as soon as I come back then. :)

Warrior/pally duo can be quite effective.

Oh yes, did that lots of times back in the day.

I'll need to go to the Barrens at some point though to get the Savory Deviate Delight recipe. Unless it was already neutered in 1.12.1 …

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Nah, it should be on it's full swing in 1.12 still. Nerfs to it came at later date.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Right, gonna create my character in a bit.

Oooh, human! That means Hogger! That means Deadmines! :bounce:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Prolly won't be able to log in tonight anymore, is early morning tomorrow but depending on how long you'll play we probably end up being quite close level wise. Post your name around and I'll add you up first thing tomorrow.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I remember stealthing slowly into Stormwind and then into Blockadesas a tauren drood, good times.

Checking out vanilla WoW (I started playing mid-bc before xp nerfs) could be interesting but I doubt I could keep on playing after lvl 20 range or so. I mean I've had plenty of killing liverless boars and being lost in Wailing Caverns. Also raidings sounds too much of a no-life affair, BC difficulty/raid size was good enough for me.

Now that I got it up and running I can't decide on class or race, this actually feels meaning full when every class isn't a I can do every single role in the game wonder.

What are you others going with, might pick some thing that combos if there with that if there is any group play.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Well if I am to be Paladin, Gragt is a warrior, you could probably aim for some sort of CC

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Now that I got it up and running I can't decide on class or race, this actually feels meaning full when every class isn't a I can do every single role in the game wonder.

What are you others going with, might pick some thing that combos if there with that if there is any group play.

If we got a warrior (me) and paladin (Wilian and maybe Xor if we catch up with him) that leaves plenty of room for you. If you like melee damage you could try rogue (obvious melee DPS with lots of stun), or a caster like mage (glass cannon with CC abilities) or warlock (mana sponge with many destructive powers that can hurt him as much as his enemies). Hunter could be fun if you feel like it (ranged dps with pet), and then there is always the versatile druid (can heal, switch to rogue as a panther or warrior as a bear). Also depending if you like healing or not, you could try priest; they can have respectable damage abilities but people will want you stuck into healbot most of the time …

So really pick the race and class you find most attractive and go with it. You won't be able to do much in any case for the first 10 levels as you slowly pick up new abilities but you'll get awesome stuff later.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Also, to get in contact with most people be it for trade, chat or LFG, type /join Global

Be careful though, like Codex, it's mostly unmoderated.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Mostly, not totally. Extreme religious/sexual bashing and such will get you probably muted. Use common sense and basically anything goes.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I have a Horde 60 on ED, but the tryhards make me sick there

EDIT: Although the population seems superior on ED.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Well, population has taken leaps in past two weeks. Our average has risen by 75 people compared to average month ago when we overcame the website DDoS. It is small still yes with now around 190-220 on peak, but it is growing very well at the current moment

On that note, another useful command:

.s info - tells you the total people online/time since last server restart.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never played WoW before and have no interest in the current iterations. I thought about trying one of the Vanilla servers a while back mostly to see if it was as hard as people seem to think it was (which I really don't believe), but everything I found was easy mode in some fashion or another.

Also to generalize, the population on some of these private servers can be downright horrible. A larger population isn't always a better gaming experience. Game mechanics alone don't make a game, the people you play with can change the atmosphere of a game greatly. Just something to keep in mind when browsing around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom