Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ WoW Rebirth: a vanilla private server

catfood

AGAIN
Blizztard is gonna take it down soon anyways.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Are you kidding me. My fucking laptop died on opening day. Feeling p. cucked right now.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Are you kidding me. My fucking laptop died on opening day. Feeling p. cucked right now.
You wouldn't be doing much leveling anyway. Heard some guys this morning saying they made level 7 in 4 hours maybe 4.5. I made 4 in 2 hours and 45 minutes, I think, from running to TB, the southern Barrens town, and Silverpine. Choked full of people all the way (4k in game, 5k in queue, I think).

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What class are you? If you get to 15 just do instances. Although I can't remember what level original Ragefire Chasm was... I think like 12-15 or something then Wailing Cavern was like 18-20ish?

Ninjerk

Arcane
I think you have to be level 5 to get into RFC? Good until 13. FUCK Wailing Caverns.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
You ain't doing anything in RFC until you're at least 10, preferably 12-13. Wailing Caverns is doable as 17 if you're the healer, otherwise 18+ and the tank better be 20 or it's going to be quite frustrating. And Metro you can't level through instances in vanilla. Well, you can but it's damn slow.

hivemind

This launch timing is perfect.

I experienced the mess which was the first day(without a q because I'm not a cuck) and in a few weeks once the shitshows calms down and makes the server playable my exams will be done and I can nolife for a few months again.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Do these servers plan to progress or have the option transfer chars to a TBC server?

TBC > Vanilla >>>>>> everything else

hivemind

No.

Twinstar have their own tbc server but it's probably shit.

Just wait 20 years for corecraft if you want to play TBC.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
:negative: Why is it so much harder to code TBC?

Tough 5-10 mans will always be my favourite number. 40 is just zero accountability for anyone but the tank p.much.

Will probably still give it a go when interest cools a bit.

hivemind

It's not that much harder but the problem is that the only semi capable team that wants to work on TBC is also autistic as fuck and are scripting things like C'thun and Cenarion Circle Guards saluting you when you walk around them with exalted rep, etc.

Wulfstand

Prophet
:negative: Why is it so much harder to code TBC?

Tough 5-10 mans will always be my favourite number. 40 is just zero accountability for anyone but the tank p.much.

Will probably still give it a go when interest cools a bit.

From what I understand, most of the effort went into coding Vanilla and WotLK servers. To put things into perspective, only one server that I know of (Gamer's District) has the whole Wrathgate/Siege of Undercity questline properly working, and it's been that way for less than a month now. Too bad GD is a 2+year old fun-server. The fact that each individual p. server's team won't 'share' their own code/work with the rest of the developers also greatly 'hindered' any form of 'progress' in a timely manner, where private servers are concerned.

Hell, I've yet to see Nostalrius release their code as of yet, they're probably much busier blowing Blizzard's WoW devs for a chance to work at them, when Corecraft's PTR is 10x the server Nostalrius was (I'm exaggerating, of course, I just don't get why so many people are ignorantly praising Nost as the p.server haven when there were still so many bugs present up until the server's demise, not to mention the abysmal actual gaming experience due to the ridiculously small LoS, people were yelling for a 3rd server daily whereas the devs were to stubborn to accept any money or try to look for new GMs).

It just goes to show just how stubborn most private server 'developers' are, and how desperate most fans of the older WoW are, I guess.

:negative:

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
What do people see in WoW? Any WoW, vanilla or whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom