Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yeah ok, seriously guys, STOP MERGING THREADS FFS

Mega-Threads

• Total voters

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Merging threads is always fun, I did it a lot when I was an admin on DAC until the peasants rioted. Good times.

trais

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
4 steps to incline:
1) stop micromanaging threads - this includes merging, splitting or moving them unless it's obvious stuff like game discussion in Site Feedback
2) merge Classic CRPG and Mainstream AAA+ CRPG into one CRPG subforum because that division is arbitrary and stupid
3) move Crooked Bee to SA
4) merge Infinitron with Zyklon B

Mantiis

Cipher
This and all the other mod threads should be merged. It's hard following all the drama and going to 4chan awful over my morning cup of coffee.

As a self-proclaimed RPG expert, I suggest implementing the following criteria:

All RPGs, big and small, great and shitty, PC and console, go into the RPG Discussion forum where each member can decide which thread he wants to read. Games that are a mix, like JA2, can be discussed in both RPG and Strategy games forums. If RPG nuts want to talk about the RPG awesomeness of JA2, I see no reason to move it.

Mods should not waste their valuable time creating new paradigm shifts and mindshares by rearranging forums and threads according to the latest trends.

I wish I had seen this post before I voted. It's exactly what I want to see.

Lumpy

Arcane
Mega threads are fine for info that is time-sensitive. No one cares about what people wera talking about the Xbox One or PS4 some months ago, it doesn't matter anymore; recent news bring more info and perfectly replace the old ones.
Yeah, if only there were some way to make old threads drop down on a list if people don't find them interesting anymore.
Oh wait.

Also, I dunno how you guys do things around here nowadays since I don't spend any time in GenRPG anymore; but when I did, I preferred to read every post in a thread before posting. If a thread was too long, I'd just avoid it altogether rather than choose an arbitrary number of pages to read and throw my 2 cents into the muddle.

Also, maybe I'm seeing it all through rose-tinted glasses, but if you had a discussion (as in, with arguments), if someone made an argument of page 2 it would be taken into consideration throughout the thread. Now, if someone makes an argument on page 224, I can see why people on page 435 might have overlooked it.

Lumpy

Arcane
Also, small threads are a better reflection of real life, surely? If I'm discussing a topic with a bunch of friends, I'll probably have a somewhat self-contained discussion that takes the arguments from beginning to end, even though I'm running the risk that someone somewhere in the history of the universe might have made one of the points already.

Yes, a topic like "Why the fuck is AoD combat so hard" might be a rehash of older discussions, but if I stumble upon it I'll probably get a brief overview of the topic. Now, all of the same points are probably repeated multiple times in the AOD BRAWNDO-SPONSORED MEGATHREAD might have all of those same points repeated multiple times, but I'll be damned if I can be bothered to hunt them down over 54 bazillion pages.

Lumpy

Arcane
497.jpg

Is it just my imagination or have you and DU subtly swapped political platforms over the last couple of years?
Uh, VD was in favour of moderating abhorrent opinions and shitposting, not this weird attempt at 'social engineering'.

Multi-headed Cow

This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad. I realize that I'm in it now too, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to bring you this information.

Mantiis

Cipher
One other thing I have noticed about mega threads is that the discussion in the threads themselves primarily involves the mods of this site. Reading the same mods in different mega threads gets old pretty quickly.

I've never ignored anyone before but I am pretty close to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom