Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review You shouldn't miss Divinity 2: Ego Draconis

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
The game looks very commercial but in fact it plays like an old school i like the quests some of them are very funny play it before talking shit it has a HARD start but once you know the drill the game is really good. I played it at easy because i liked the story too much and the combat was in the way. Good job Larian once again i wasn't expecting too much from it but they showed me i was wrong.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Mikayel said:
The initial reviews I had read from people were saying the game lost a lot of its charm, interactivity, and character. Now people say it still has all this.
Those are really the only things it it has. And choices and consequences. Duh.
And lots of items where you can compare your DPS... :roll:
I stopped playing out of boredom and horrid gameplay. Must have been shortly before reaching the ability to transform into a dragon and that took me about 20 hours. Didn't seem to be near the end yet. So at least its twice as long as KotOR or Diablo (2). Wouldn't call it short.

Murk

Arcane
Your words seem to be negative of it, Shannow, but they mostly lead me more into going for it.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Just went through a side-quest that involved a fuckload of platform-jumping. It's not the first that I've seen in the game, but it's easily the most rage-inducing: a lot of platforms and lava underneath. A lot, in fact, of moving platforms. Miss and you die. And it's easy to miss, since the mouselook is rigid and doesn't really let you pan sideways and downward.

Combined with the shitty, shitty controls while in dragon form, my opinion of the game's just dropped by a lot.

Edit: to elaborate--I'm now in the last big map of the game. Now, you would think that being a dragon would give you free access to everything. Wrong: one, you can increase your altitude only to a certain point, whereupon you hit an invisible ceiling. This ceiling is really, really low. Next, you'll see "anti-dragon zones" where there's a red, shimmering barrier which, if you hit when flying, you'll instantly die.

So much for exploration.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's an OK game, not really worth the full price but it has its shiny moments. It would probably have been better without the dragon form shit at all. The quests were maybe the best part, as it is said that all the quests have more than 1 way to solve, and there are many. Sometimes you have to repeat a similar fight over and over to proceed, but it did not feel like such a big chore.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Mikayel said:
Your words seem to be negative of it, Shannow, but they mostly lead me more into going for it.

Im undecided for the same reason as you Mikayel. I loved the atmosphere and feel of DD. I heard someone say its not very object interactive like the first game which I was sad to hear.

Its looking like a 20$ bargain purchase later on I think.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Lesifoere said:
Has to be said that it's got fantastic music too--same composer as the first game. Not at all like the generic crap Jeremy Soule and his ilk churn out.

Fuck yea this guy is the best game composer I think I have ever heard. I might buy the soundtrack even if I dont buy the game.

He looks a little like a mad scientist mozart\beethoven type guy :lol:

you can download the DD sountrack from his site.

http://www.kirillpokrovsky.com/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom