Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your most hated video game character

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not most hated, but the most annoying - Mud from Old Camp in first Gothic. Beating him up is always such a relief.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't played PS:T, but I already hate Morte, 'cause that skull is such a cliche internet avatar.

Imoen in BG2. She was okay in BG1, but in BG2 she's so annoying that she always has an "accident" in Spellhold.

I guess he is kind of cliche, but I really like Morte actually. As for Imoen, I'd have to agree with Azrael, Imoen is fucking waifu material in comparison to Aerie

Deleted member 7219

Myron -Fallout 2
Agate - Trails in The Sky

Definitely agree with Agate. A truly loathsome individual that we're supposed to like by the end of the game. No. He slapped a crying little girl. He's a fucking coward and a bully.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Can't think of anything but virtually every NPC in Oblivion.
The damage might be deeper than I have realized.
They all blend in anyway, so there's not much point singling anyone out. After a couple of hours you'll start to treat every character as just "the Bosmer", "the Altmer", "the Imperial" and so on, until they all finally morph into just "the Oblivion character" when you reach your breaking point with that game. Wherever you go, the same voice actors will find you and fill your ears with their inane lines, even though by that point you can't stand even the thought of looking at their horrifyingly deformed potato faces, and uninstall.exe is the only way to escape that hell.

The closest thing to hate I felt would be First Citizen Lynnette.
She's actually a really good pick because she is truly insufferable while still being a very good character. You just love to hate her.

Ziem

Arbiter
Aerie. No question. Even more annoying that she's got a really useful mage-cleric multiclass build, and I keep making the mistake of thinking 'ok, I'll try a run where I take Aerie now, I'll just skip forward her shitty dialogue' ---> "Oh MY WINGS MY WINGS!!" ----> "FUCK YOUU!! FUCK YOU TO ABSOLUTE HELL YOU UNIRONICALLY NARCISISTIC BITCH!!! I LOST MY SOUL! IRENICUS SUCKED OUT MY FUCKING SOUL!!!" ----> [chunks Aerie]

Neanderthal

Arcane
The Elf, any Elf, and all Elves. Behold his slanted eye watching you from the shadow. Witness his weak womanish form twisting away from the light. Know in your very soul that this is our species enemy, our nemesis, our greatest threat and his extinction is our only chance of ascendance. Some say fetter the dog, enslave him, make him beg and do tricks for our children, break his spirit and pride. DAMNED FOOLS! There is no pride in his sickening form, there is no spirit within but the demons of venom and sickness. He who would let this fiend exist in close proximity is an enemy of mankind, an enemy of life and OUR FOE!

No collaboration with the Elf. No quarter. No ceasefire. There must be war unending, genocide unmatched, terror unimaginable else we shall fail in combatting this fiend and damn our race to the footnotes of history. Where his forests stood let ashes blow and the soil be salted, where his cities were let us rend the very stones apart, where the ink of his demonic wit scrawled lies upon paper let there be a great cleansing flame. If necessary we must tear apart the very atoms of existence to deny this devil purchase in our reality.

Then we may rest and be proud of our holy cleansing, as a nation arises proud, pure and standing upon the strongest foundations of righteousness and responsibility.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The two guys on the radio in Metal Gear Solid V. SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR TEN SECONDS ROBIN ATKIN DOWNES YOU FUCKING TEETH BREATHER.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Elf, any Elf, and all Elves. Behold his slanted eye watching you from the shadow. Witness his weak womanish form twisting away from the light. Know in your very soul that this is our species enemy, our nemesis, our greatest threat and his extinction is our only chance of ascendance. Some say fetter the dog, enslave him, make him beg and do tricks for our children, break his spirit and pride. DAMNED FOOLS! There is no pride in his sickening form, there is no spirit within but the demons of venom and sickness. He who would let this fiend exist in close proximity is an enemy of mankind, an enemy of life and OUR FOE!

No collaboration with the Elf. No quarter. No ceasefire. There must be war unending, genocide unmatched, terror unimaginable else we shall fail in combatting this fiend and damn our race to the footnotes of history. Where his forests stood let ashes blow and the soil be salted, where his cities were let us rend the very stones apart, where the ink of his demonic wit scrawled lies upon paper let there be a great cleansing flame. If necessary we must tear apart the very atoms of existence to deny this devil purchase in our reality.

Then we may rest and be proud of our holy cleansing, as a nation arises proud, pure and standing upon the strongest foundations of righteousness and responsibility.
:salute:

When this purge of Elvish filth shall be, I shall be honoured to spill their blood at your side.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I haven't played PS:T, but I already hate Morte, 'cause that skull is such a cliche internet avatar.
If you played PS:T, you would understand why Morte is a widely-beloved character. :M

As for my choice for most hated video game character, I'd choose the Thief from Zork. It's necessary to use him to achieve a certain task in order to accumulate the maximum number of and thus win the game, but he appears randomly and has the habit of stealing items from you, including those essential to solving puzzles. In terms of personality, I'd choose Deirdre, leader of the Gaia's Stepdaughters faction, from Alpha Centauri. I guess I don't like tree worm-huggers.

Jazz_

Arcane
walton-simons-foto.jpg

Probably M'aiq the Liar in Oblivion, whose main purpose seem to be to call fans of previous TES games idiots for expecting things like crossbows, staffs, levitation and other that was cut from the game due to streamlining, incompetence or just not giving a shit. Oh, and he is immortal as well, so no killing him either. It takes a special kind of pettiness to think up something like that and then actually put it in the game instead of something that players wanted.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Oh well, I never got that far. I actually quite enjoyed modded Oblivion when I just ignored the stupid main quest.

Deleted member 7219

:negative:

It didn't help that 90% of the VA budget was blown on Patrick Stewart.

Sean Bean and Terence Stamp probably cost them a shekel or two as well.

Sean Bean was in Oblivion?

Yep, he voiced Martin.

He was utterly forgettable and a complete waste of Sean Bean's talent (as was Patrick Stewart's role).

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
:negative:

It didn't help that 90% of the VA budget was blown on Patrick Stewart.

Sean Bean and Terence Stamp probably cost them a shekel or two as well.

Sean Bean was in Oblivion?

Yep, he voiced Martin.

He was utterly forgettable and a complete waste of Sean Bean's talent (as was Patrick Stewart's role).

Yup, probably still drained the VA budget significantly though. Same with Terence Stamp.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom