Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > I love you, mother

Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
just helping you dilate, you'll thank me later
Agame
Agame
Arrg.
Agame
Agame
Btw have you read any more Gene Wolfe beyond Shadow of the Torturer?
Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
I finished BotNS obviously, but apart from that no. Don't like to binge on authors, and it left me sort of sated if you know what I mean, for a good while, and I felt more like reading other stuff. (yeah, I'm explaining away how I don't read as much as I should). Made a note of Soldier in the Mist, just waiting for libraries to reopen :)
Agame
Agame
Yep, I understand, I usually have multiple books going at a time and sometimes take months to finish one, I enjoy it more over time, particularly when its dense or complex writing like Wolfe. There is no rush! Sadly we wont get any more from him.
Agame
Agame
2nd part: Certainly read Soldier in the Mist, I would argue its his true masterwork. And then someday there are the other Sun books which are worth reading. Finishing the entire saga and seeing the connections between books is pretty amazing.
Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
Cheers m8. I also wanna reread botns at some point with some sort of reference material on hand to get all the allusions I'm sure I missed.
Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
Read Soldier of the Mist this weekend. Was indeed tremendous, Wolfe's ability to make the words on the page seem like the tip of the iceberg is just remarkable. Can't wait to read more, but when that will happen is up to the fickle gods of international shipping D:
Agame
Agame
Awesome dude, Soldier of the Mist is a masterpiece. Would recommend "fifth head of cerberus" its one of his earliest books, and it pretty much lays the foundation for all the stuff he would continue to do. Its also a pretty trippy series of connected stories that has a great outcome when you piece it togethor.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom