Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your NPC in Ma Kotc2 Module!

Gandalf

Arbiter
Hello everyone!

One of the KotC2 game modules I'm working on has a very fascinating rpgcodex inspired city. There is only a small problem... it needs to be populated with NPCs!

I will need a name and a line of text that it has to say when interacting with the player. No curse words, please.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, the ones I find most interesting will make it into the game!

Peace.

PS. This thread's title and desrciption were dotted by me on 18 August of 2023, but I brought it back into prosperity on 16 April of 2024.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
note: this is a complex npc with very profound deep lore who has multiple lines so it will require heavy scripting to make sure that a different one is delivered on each conversation but i think it's very worth having it in the game

name: Doktor Dongsmith
text1: If the radiance of a thousand dongs were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One. I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds.
text2: Once you have tasted dong you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
text3: I just want to say one word to you. Just one word: dong.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If there's a brothel in the city:

Tyranicon: I'm the local whoremonger.

If there's no brothel in the city:

Tyranicon: I wish I was the local whoremonger.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
name: Zobarak

text: Once upon a time there was delusional bard that tried to become a demi-lich. He bought a map to a crypt which was actually his grandparents crpyt, so he is a semi-lich now.
text2 :Ask me about Loom.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Name: Konjad

Text: Learn from the mistakes of people who take your advice.
Text 2: If in doubt, choose the most chaotic option. Your enemies can't predict your moves if you can't yourself.
Text 3: If someone hates you for no reason, give them one.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Screw your setting it's a sci fi game now

Name: Tavernking
Text: Howdy, I'm Tavernking, former flyboy turned interstellar explorer. I've got a knack for crashing spaceships and stumbling into the weirdest situations. It's like being a bull in a china shop, but with lasers.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
For the record, I think it's a terrible idea, look at what it did to pillows of eternity?
Sure, the game's system was already crap, the encounter design is dogshit et everything else is mediocre but backer's NPC was the last nail on PoE's coffin.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Name: Ur mum (or mom depending on localisation)
Text 1: shut up and eat your breakfast
Text 2: you were always a disappointment to me
Text 3: bring me my galactic xanax
Text 4: I wish the lord would take me now

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Name: Mediocrites, Philosopher
Text: What is the sound of one hand fapping?
Alt. text: What is the sound of one hand fapping a multi-headed dick?

:mhd:

Text 2: If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, are you still a fag?
Text 3: Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, make sure you equip the ring.

Fargus

Arcane
You said no curse words. Ok.

Name: Enword Dindunuffington
Text: My mother once said: "No mother should have to fear for her son's life every time he robs an alchemy store". Luckly i only spent few years in the city jail for it.
Text2: Where are the elf women at?
Text3: I never knew my father. I abandoned my son too. It's a tradition of our people.
Text4: Break yourself, fool!

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
OP is a more benign and German version of Prosper, in case your .txt is out of date.

Gandalf

Arbiter
OP betrayed us
How exactly? There was a time last year when I've dotted all of the threads I've made, but that doesn't mean the project is dead. It's in a pretty rough shape, though.
INocwUB.jpeg

Gandalf

Arbiter
Konjad By the way, I've actually was working very hard on another poject and released a pretty hardcore, 3hours long (if you're skilled) KotC2 module this February.

It's old-school style with a heavy emphasis on combat. Only the most best players will manage to complete it.

Are you up to the challenge? You can download it from this site: https://gandalfsencounters.itch.io/gandalfsencounters

It already has prostitute in it, so there's a huge chance that there's need to be a whoremonger too.

I'm thinking of merging the two projects into one module at some point, probably when I roll the Prosperlands update (late game area).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Konjad By the way, I've actually was working very hard on another poject and released a pretty hardcore, 3hours long (if you're skilled) KotC2 module this February.

It's old-school style with a heavy emphasis on combat. Only the most best players will manage to complete it.

Are you up to the challenge? You can download it from this site: https://gandalfsencounters.itch.io/gandalfsencounters

It already has prostitute in it, so there's a huge chance that there's need to be a whoremonger too.

I'm thinking of merging the two projects into one module at some point, probably when I roll the Prosperlands update (late game area).
Thank you for the offer but I don't have KotC2 :D Maybe if I get it someday.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I don't appreciate you deleting the contents of your op, Gandalf, and leaving the thread title useless as well.

I'd like you to either restore this deleted content or at least replace what was in the op with an explanation as to why you basically fucked your own thread.

Either you do that or I will.

Shaki

Arbiter
Bent the knee to Crispy, what a shame, your weakness disgusts me Gandalf

Bring the dot back, don't let them tell you what to do with your own threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom