Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol & Draw distance

ironyuri

Recently, someone posted about how to fix the consolised draw distance in AP to make it more PC friendly.

I've searched but cannot find the post.

Can someone help me out?

Raapys

Arcane
Weren't pretty much all the maps so small that it didn't really matter anyway?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You mean the FOV? I think it was racofer, so that will narrow down your search.

However his adjusted value makes the whole game play through a fisheye lens. Not sure how that's your idea of PC friendly.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, must be FOV( field of view) you mean. It's usually set very low these days, for reasons I can't really fathom( prolly something about sitting in a sofa far away from the TV). Granted, you can get a fisheye effect if you set it high enough, but with today's default FOV you instead get a tunnel-vision effect on the PC.

Here: http://alphaprotocol.wikia.com/wiki/FOV

ironyuri

Raapys said:
Yeah, must be FOV( field of view) you mean. It's usually set very low these days, for reasons I can't really fathom( prolly something about sitting in a sofa far away from the TV). Granted, you can get a fisheye effect if you set it high enough, but with today's default FOV you instead get a tunnel-vision effect on the PC.

Here: http://alphaprotocol.wikia.com/wiki/FOV

Aha! Many thanks. Now I can play Alpha Brotocol as if I'm looking through a monocle.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The only recent discussion I recall regarding AP and modding something in it was when I tipped I don't remember who on changing the FOV from the shitty 75º to 93º which is much better.

Still, that didn't make the hacking minigame or timed dialogs go away :/

made

Arcane
Figured I should finally give this game a try seeing as BethesdaBanshee praises the writing and it's 50% off on BG...

I won't bore you with another ragepost about terrible console ports, so just help me out here: after an hour of googling ini tweaks and whatnot the game still runs and looks like shit. I can't get rid of the screen tearing, what's the deal there? Tried vsync on, off, nothing helps? Then there's a brief loading time every few secs, which tends to spin my char around when he's running. Also how to skip/cheat the retarded hacking minigame? Makes my eyes bleed.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh yea, also

ngd4ls.jpg

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
made said:
I can't get rid of the screen tearing, what's the deal there? Tried vsync on, off, nothing helps? Then there's a brief loading time every few secs, which tends to spin my char around when he's running. Also how to skip/cheat the retarded hacking minigame? Makes my eyes bleed.
I had a series of posts with experimentations with ini tweaks, managed to remove screen tearing and stutter.

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... 01#1420601

There may be some relevant info in following posts too.

No way to skip hacking minigame. Minigames are supposedly easier on easier difficulty... so yeah...

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I don't recall there being anything wrong with the timed dialogues - I had no problem spotting and choosing the 'fuck you ima super agent' option without fail.

made

Arcane
Sceptic said:
made said:
I can't get rid of the screen tearing, what's the deal there? Tried vsync on, off, nothing helps? Then there's a brief loading time every few secs, which tends to spin my char around when he's running. Also how to skip/cheat the retarded hacking minigame? Makes my eyes bleed.
I had a series of posts with experimentations with ini tweaks, managed to remove screen tearing and stutter.

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... 01#1420601

There may be some relevant info in following posts too.

No way to skip hacking minigame. Minigames are supposedly easier on easier difficulty... so yeah...
Thanks, but those are the exact same ini tweaks I've already tried. Now I've forced vsync through Rivatuner so a least tearing is gone, but the streaming fixes don't seem to do anything. Kind of like "highpolymodels" does nothing because there aren't any in the game files lul.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom