Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha protocol sequel with MGSV's gameplay.

• Thread starter Duralux for Durabux
  • Start date

Duralux for Durabux

I want to believe, I want to believe it can be possible, Come on Obsidian, let Sawyer writes the story and character development, he isn't bad at writing, And to prove it,Arcade Ganon was a really interesting Character with deep strong personnality and deep history.
Alpha protocol was a disaster because of the gameplay but just imagine the same game with MGSV's gameplay with the same RPGs elements, it would be a completely different game. Aside from the gameplay and technical issues (and graphism), AP was a solid RPG and a good game as well.
With good gameplay, AP would be a solid franchise with a bigger fanbase than Mass effect.
Sawyer is underrated.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
A game like Alpha Protocol in today's political climate. That shit isn't happening. You do know the last one showed the Chinese trying to false flag a riot. It was in Taiwan, but still...

Duralux for Durabux

Do Metal Gear Solid games have gameplay?
MGSV has the best gameplay ever made in a TPS game. Sad that its gameplay isn't a source of inspiration for other games. I'm sure this is bait but whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverfish

Arbiter
MGSV is great, but honestly AP is better. Sink everything into martial arts and toughness and it's the best beat 'em up since the 90's.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
So as I happened I just finished Alpha Protocol. Decent story, exemplary C&C, terrible infiltration game, terrible shooter.

What's the RPGCodex doctrine on it ?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
So as I happened I just finished Alpha Protocol. Decent story, exemplary C&C, terrible infiltration game, terrible shooter.

What's the RPGCodex doctrine on it ?
They had something like 4 years to develop it, so in classic Obsidian fashion they didn't bother assigning any leads for the first year. AP has some really cool elements, but it should have come out a lot better. It feels like they were aiming for Deus Ex but then chickened out and made a corridor shooter.

ADL

Prophet
Are you willing to bring in Kojima? Because after Death Stranding, I am 100% convinced he's responsible for the
incline.png
gameplay in TPP/DS

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
They had something like 4 years to develop it, so in classic Obsidian fashion they didn't bother assigning any leads for the first year.
This is a myth, one that MCA enforced in interviews for some reason. Raymond Holmes was hired as the lead designer when the game was starting development, he left/got fired a year and a half later.

I suppose MCA could've been implying Raymond did such a bad job that there might as well not have been a lead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom