Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Amazon just emailed me that the farting begins November 16th

DalekFlay said:
Blackadder said:
Your words. I was only trying to be helpful and suggest a better way to buy your games and save money, since that was one of your conditions stipulated; saving money.

Waiting for a game to be cheap is something I often do, and it may be something I do here. The point is I pre-order the games so that I get them for the lowest price possible IF I choose to get them at release. If I don't then I cancel and wait for a sale, or never buy them at all. I understand your entire point, I do exactly as you say, I just might not for Fable 3.

Why? Because as much as I am sure it is a complete failure as an RPG, like say Mass Effect 2, it might also be a winner at something else. I am watching some video of the Xbox version to decide.

There is another way. If you don't really care about supporting the developer, but just have to buy a new game, India is the place to shop. Ebay usually has these Indian gentlemen spruiking their wares, and they are the genuine article in English, with manuals in English, and a nice little sticker on the normal game case "Not to be sold outside India". Typical. You will pay about 15 quid for them, brand new.

I haven't had a problem with it to date. Sometimes, it may take an extra week or two of waiting though if that means anything to you.

The only game, apart from Indie games and wargames, that I have bought for full price lately was Risen, which I ordered through the Pirahna bytes store online.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom