Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Archaelund: RPG that combines 1st-person exploration with 3rd-person TB combat - now available on Early Access

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Hello Codex. There has been another update recently, 0.7.9. And I'm working around the clock to have 0.8 out in April as I had planned, but it might very well slip into May, I am afraid.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1082970/view/7057778465256955863

Update 0.7.9

Content changes & adjustments
  • Added a small dungeon past the Peninsula outpost, with a new associated quest (Level 4 recommended!). If you already found certain letter in a skeleton past the outpost, the quest will be automatically added to your journal.
  • Added more varied minor loot from humanoid enemies, in concordance with what they wear and use, although in many cases it may be ruined/broken after combat.
  • Spells added in the last update(Minor Miracle, Regrowth and Outrage) are now available in their respective vendors.
  • Some Rank II spells have slightly increased their willpower cost (Regrowth, Fire Arrow, Blizzard Shards)
  • Meditation
    skill now restores a bit more willpower after each fight (from 1WP/ rank, to 2WP/ rank, but still capped at half the spent WP)
Features & Improvements
  • Added new recipes for Crafting skill up to difficulty 6 and Alchemy difficulty 5.
  • New option added to browse all Talents, search or filter them. You can access the new "Browse all Talents" button from the Talents section in the character window, or at character creation. Keep in mind some talents are NPC-only, or hidden, and won't appear in the list.
  • Elemental Protections are now displayed in a clearer way, with the old icons (fire, ice, etc) instead of the colored shields.
  • Maximum spells known are now displayed more clearly in the character window.
  • When camping, you can now
    see your party members
    sitting around the fireplace. Animation and poses will be improved in the future.
Bugfixes
  • Performance: there should be a small improvement in loading times and memory usage.
  • On Mythology window, hovering over an enemy's Protections or Resistances will now display proper information.
  • Alchemy and Crafting window: Pressing ESC will now close the window properly.
  • Alchemy and Crafting window: ingredients available to the party are now correctly counted.
  • Some skeletons didn't have proper sounds. Fixed.
  • Description for Psalm of Renewal now correctly states it heals 2d6, not 1d6.
  • Party lighting from torches and spells was not correctly updated in some cases, fixed.
  • Magical Research talent now is subject to normal limit of spells known per rank.
  • Fixed geometry issues in Nessera Caves.
  • Fixed many typos and other text issues.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hello Codex. There has been another update recently, 0.7.9. And I'm working around the clock to have 0.8 out in April as I had planned, but it might very well slip into May, I am afraid.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1082970/view/7057778465256955863

Update 0.7.9

Content changes & adjustments
  • Added a small dungeon past the Peninsula outpost, with a new associated quest (Level 4 recommended!). If you already found certain letter in a skeleton past the outpost, the quest will be automatically added to your journal.
  • Added more varied minor loot from humanoid enemies, in concordance with what they wear and use, although in many cases it may be ruined/broken after combat.
  • Spells added in the last update(Minor Miracle, Regrowth and Outrage) are now available in their respective vendors.
  • Some Rank II spells have slightly increased their willpower cost (Regrowth, Fire Arrow, Blizzard Shards)
  • Meditation
    skill now restores a bit more willpower after each fight (from 1WP/ rank, to 2WP/ rank, but still capped at half the spent WP)
Features & Improvements
  • Added new recipes for Crafting skill up to difficulty 6 and Alchemy difficulty 5.
  • New option added to browse all Talents, search or filter them. You can access the new "Browse all Talents" button from the Talents section in the character window, or at character creation. Keep in mind some talents are NPC-only, or hidden, and won't appear in the list.
  • Elemental Protections are now displayed in a clearer way, with the old icons (fire, ice, etc) instead of the colored shields.
  • Maximum spells known are now displayed more clearly in the character window.
  • When camping, you can now
    see your party members
    sitting around the fireplace. Animation and poses will be improved in the future.
Bugfixes
  • Performance: there should be a small improvement in loading times and memory usage.
  • On Mythology window, hovering over an enemy's Protections or Resistances will now display proper information.
  • Alchemy and Crafting window: Pressing ESC will now close the window properly.
  • Alchemy and Crafting window: ingredients available to the party are now correctly counted.
  • Some skeletons didn't have proper sounds. Fixed.
  • Description for Psalm of Renewal now correctly states it heals 2d6, not 1d6.
  • Party lighting from torches and spells was not correctly updated in some cases, fixed.
  • Magical Research talent now is subject to normal limit of spells known per rank.
  • Fixed geometry issues in Nessera Caves.
  • Fixed many typos and other text issues.
You're missing the make barbarians available to humans fix dammit.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Lore-wise, makes little sense for the setting to simply remove the restriction. The premise is that 99% of human population was devastated, and only an island colony survived. That colony (isle of Varannar) had no original human inhabitants, and is already very detailed in Exiled Kingdoms.

But there is a possibility. I plan to add Background Talents, and the player must pick one for each character at creation, many of them racially restricted. One of them could define your human character as adopted at birth by one of the Varannari clans as their own. That would allow them to play as Barbarians or Witches, and add other modifiers. I intend these talents to be a small selection (maybe a dozen in total) because they may be linked to certain quests in the game later on. This won't be added until 0.9 is out or nearly out, however.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lore-wise, makes little sense for the setting to simply remove the restriction. The premise is that 99% of human population was devastated, and only an island colony survived. That colony (isle of Varannar) had no original human inhabitants, and is already very detailed in Exiled Kingdoms.

But there is a possibility. I plan to add Background Talents, and the player must pick one for each character at creation, many of them racially restricted. One of them could define your human character as adopted at birth by one of the Varannari clans as their own. That would allow them to play as Barbarians or Witches, and add other modifiers. I intend these talents to be a small selection (maybe a dozen in total) because they may be linked to certain quests in the game later on. This won't be added until 0.9 is out or nearly out, however.
Hey I can wait. Game is great otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom