Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

are there mods to fix these? (nwn2)

deuxhero

Arcane
So I just got the gold edition of NWN2 and I have noticed some issues.

Something tells me if the AI wasn't so... I guess I will put this bluntly, stupid, I wouldn't have had to reload once, they charge straight into a fight with no regard for planing, meaning I get sorounded and killed because they can't stay put when they see an enemy (telling them to wait means they don't do anything, and telling them to guard me gets the same result as normal), and they for some reason can't agree on a single enemy, meaning my allies attack and injury 3 differnt foes when they could easily kill 1. Another issue I have is that some reason the AI LOVEs blocking my doors in the poorly designed narrow buildings, this is made all the more frustrateing that LTIC (think it is under the rules for tumbling) by the RAW in D&D you can freely pass squares inhabited by your allies, yet in NWN2 you can not.

So, any mods that make the AI less suicideal, and allows me to pass threw my allies?

Warden

Arbiter
Just disable the AI and do everything manually. In the character sheet - click on the last category and put puppet mode ON.
Make sure the icon next to the nwn eye in the lower left corner is brown.

Otherwise, download Tony K's AI from ignvault.. which also makes enemy AI better.

deuxhero

Arcane
thanks.

Now a few more things, does anyone (or anyone) know of any mods that make the rules closer to the originals? (some of these cause probloms by extention, the removal of assasians spellcasting means it 1.no longer qualifys you for Dragon Deciple 2.you get far fewer uses of the abilitys, even if they aren't interuptable). I have also noticed that none of the core equipment can't be equiped by MotB added classes if it is class restricted, even if it should be able too (such as stuff that should be for any divine caster, but gets limited to clerics durids and rangers), any fixs for that?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Without these mods I would never have bothered dealing with NWN2:

1. Tony's Companion and Monster AI - for decent AI
2. Charlie's Item Appearance Changer - so that your party doesn't look like a bunch of clowns.
3. Big Bag Inventory - since auto-sorting sucks, this helps a lot for item management.
4. No Dangerous Resting - To make the game less ridiculously easy and force the player to think about the spells he'll use.
5. No skin-armor effects - so that your characters don't look like crocks of shit when they have barkskin.
6. If you play at higher resolutions like 1280x1024 :gasp: these are good:
-Larger minimaps
-ten portraits
7.Official Campaign Tools&Fixes - If you want to change the party roster whenever you want or you would like to know how much influence you've got.

As for rule changes there are some spell fixes in NWN2Vault but I think thats it.

deuxhero

Arcane
the issue with mods limiting restingis that the OC seems to be designed for NWNs stupid rest system.I can tell you at the very least it throws more at you then the "4 equal CR encounters per day" system designates should be.

Warden

Arbiter
Don't know about that.. I soloed it (forced companions were on stand your ground and were never let in combat) and I only used potions - self imposed no resting. It's very doable..

deuxhero

Arcane
Now try it as a spell caster (even with a party) and see if you can get past a single group with 3/4 of your spells remaining...

Warden

Arbiter
deuxhero said:
Now try it as a spell caster (even with a party) and see if you can get past a single group with 3/4 of your spells remaining...

I could. Would charge resting with (20 x level for example) coins though - to limit myself. I'd go for a battle caster of course.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Less obstrusive buff effects (Found in the Hall of Fame)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom