Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ascension

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
yo dawgs i keep getting my ass kicked in ascension.

Is there a legitimate strategy to win, or is simply buying the best thing available and hoping for luck the only way to play?

meh

Educated
I've been playing a lot lately and ... I can't offer any good pocket strategy that would work every time. Thematic decks are fun to play but rarely manage to win. I suppose there are several key factors which allow you to win:

Firstly, "banish from your hand and discard pile" cards are a must. You can thin your deck by removing militia/apprentices to make sure you draw the right cards.
Thirdly, "draw x card/s" are a must too. There is little amount of them and they help to dig through your deck to get that one right card for the moment. But remember to avoid "temple librarian" - terrible card.
Remember another thing that in the ending turns "mechana constructs" are very good for their value-honor ratio and get as many as you can (or banish from the center if you can't get them).
Also, the "banish from the center" cards like "Seeker of..." are very good to deny opponents cards that you don't want or can't get.
I somewhat avoid "destroy target creature of 4 or less" and prefer "put any hero with rune cost of 3 or less on top of your deck", which paired with "draw a card" cards can allow to get heavy infantry or mystic that you need right now.
You can't only focus on killing monsters/getting mechana constructs/gaining honor from lifebounds - you have to combine your deck to have damage to kill at least one monster if needed and buy cards like "... Askara" or "Tablet ...".

Dunno if I said anything new to you, but these seems to be the general guidelines of Ascension

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom