Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG Ever: More Than 650.000 Unique Weapons

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Shuma said:
Annie Carlson said:
Bah. YOU CAN NEVER WIN, EVER! NEVER! NURVER! /doomed developerwail

A Mr. Show quote or am I crazy?

No! You are in fact RIGHT!

...actually you may also be crazy, I don't know, but in this case you are correct.

And no I didn't "leave" Obsidian, I left without quote marks. On to other things. Like the Pacific Northwest. Wheeeee!

And also, yeah, people did bitch about the weapons (and the fact that the crafting system was a little less balanced than I'd hoped), but I did have the dev team behind me on that call, so I did feel more confident about it. I will say with conviction that NWN2 had too many goddamn items in it, though - I know because I made sure each one of the over three thousaaaaaaaaand of them worked properly. I'd like to actually make more diverse (but still balanced) stuff for my eventual mod, but you know - that's all yet.

Favorite item: either the collapsable clockroach or the mephit poop. Those were awesome to make.

denizsi

Arcane
And no I didn't "leave" Obsidian, I left without quote marks. On to other things. Like the Pacific Northwest. Wheeeee!

Uh-huh. If it were either that you "left" left, or that you're a tranny, which one would you pick?

but I did have the dev team behind me

Uh...

NWN2 had too many goddamn items in it, though - I know because I made sure each one of the over three thousaaaaaaaaand of them worked properly

Only three thousand? Fail. See Gearbox.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
fs_super_sg_jpg.jpg

bbr

Novice
Diablo 1 already had well over 11.000 uniquely different items (still have them exported and saved as *.itm files), so they're definitely not "on" to something.

Think:
* Tiger's full plate of the whale.
* Snake's staff of the hydra.
etc

However, it "is" a good thing to have as much different items and options as possible. It makes the game more versatile.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Didnt STALKER already do this.

Every weapon could be fitted with different parts and the Second stalker game you could modify your guns as needed to suit your play stile ´.

The Borderland system sounds like the Diablo random loot system where the stalker system meant you got attached to your guns becaus it was EXPENSIVE AS HELL to get it to work like you wanted.

flabbyjack

Arcane
CrimsonAngel said:
Didnt STALKER already do this.

Every weapon could be fitted with different parts and the Second stalker game you could modify your guns as needed to suit your play stile ´.

The Borderland system sounds like the Diablo random loot system where the stalker system meant you got attached to your guns becaus it was EXPENSIVE AS HELL to get it to work like you wanted.
Stalker system actually made sense. Kinda. Not really, wtf were they thinking?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom