Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What if Astartes but about NCR's capture of HELIOS One?

(okay, it's nowhere near Astartes but still cool)

The action begins:
Is it over for the NCR bros?

Second wave:

When all else fails:

Getting tactical :obviously:

I'm not sure those jetpacks are canon.

NCR BERSERKERS. Yeah that's definitely not canon. :lol:
Entire series is just nonsense.

The nonsense continues:

The Brotherhood reaches its breaking point:

A breather episode of sorts as the Brotherhood retreats to HELIOS One for their last stand:

Black

Arcane
What if Astartes but about NCR's capture of HELIOS One?

(okay, it's nowhere near Astartes but still cool)

The action begins:
Is it over for the NCR bros?

Second wave:

When all else fails:

Getting tactical :obviously:

I'm not sure those jetpacks are canon.

NCR BERSERKERS. Yeah that's definitely not canon. :lol:
Entire series is just nonsense.

The nonsense continues:

The Brotherhood reaches its breaking point:

A breather episode of sorts as the Brotherhood retreats to HELIOS One for their last stand:

[No SJW-related posts allowed]​

caffeine

Novice
Uhhh, sure, nothing fishy here... it's the power of Science!™

s85att.jpg

ds

Cipher
Patron
Pretty sure "space particles" has always been a humorous euphemism for random bit flips even if most of them probably have more benign causes - at least that's how my Uni professors used it.

There was one time where I got a couple of surprise ECC errors on my PC and later found out that there was a solar flare that day though…

Pretty sure "space particles" has always been a humorous euphemism for random bit flips even if most of them probably have more benign causes - at least that's how my Uni professors used it.
Yeah, 99.9% of the time its an intermittent hardware issue. I highly doubt this is what happened in some speedrun, the odds are 1 in millions that it affects the one bit that lets them skip something rather than all of the others of millions of bits in memory, and it also happened during the exact moment that it helps the player rather than any other time.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane

There was one time where I got a couple of surprise ECC errors on my PC and later found out that there was a solar flare that day though…
You have ECC RAM in your home PC?

Pannen may be autistic but the bit did not randomly flip. For every time this happened there would be millions of other instances in which a different bit flipped that would crash the system.

It's exponentially more obviously the wrong explanation if the bit has to flip at the exact instant he was at that position as opposed to being a persistent flip that would be active all run. E.g. how many runs do you see where Mario runs faster because a bit flipped on his max_speed variable? None? That's still vastly more likely than this perfectly timed bit flip

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom