Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB Mod

Smiling Imp

Literate
Hey guys, Smiling Imp here.

Just wanted to know about my mod, which adds the majority of NPC from the original game into the sequel and expansion. It is broken down into different components for easy mixing and matching with other mods that add BG1 NPCs and adds a mini-city area called the Water Gardens. This mod is always being updated so any feedback and suggestions are welcome. :)

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB Download Link:

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/foru...dursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=133.0

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd say something about how being part of a megathread would have actually improved this mod's chances of being noticed here but...oh wait, I just did.

Smiling Imp

Literate
Here is a list of the quests and encounters that this mod offers

WARNING *SPOILERS follow*

Expanded Circus Quest - If you add the Tiax component, the circus quest in Waukeen's Promenade will have an added area with an ultimate challenge of hack and slash!

Eldoth is back! - If you have Skie Silvershield in your party, Eldoth will appear in the graveyard. Is he there to help you or lead you into a trap?

Black Lotus - involve yourself in Athkatla's shady underworld. Quest starts after meeting Banon at the gates.

Book Delivery - Deliver a book for the owner of the Blue Unicorn, a new inn/tavern found in the Water Gardens

Selling the Airship - Help Oswald Fiddlebender get his airship after it was impounded.

Dispatching a Rival Promoter - A gladiator promoter will want to hire you to dispatch a rival. Can be found in the Battle Pits of the Copper Coronet.

Reclaiming a Sacred Item - Recover a sacred object for a vistor from another world. Quest begins at the Battle Pits of the Copper Coronet

Battle Pit - Fight through a series a tough fights until you have the privilege to challenge the best gladiators in Hillsfar!

Kren Imar Encounter - Dispatch the drow that captured Xan and sold him into slavery.

Bolbek Orothiar Encounter - Meet one of Yeslick's long lost clan members at the City Gates and he will give you a special mission.

Xzar Quest - Help Xzar solve the mystery of who drowned the missing girl. This quest begins in the Bridge District, near the water.

Help Lady Jwennilyn - Lady Jwennilyn is having problems with a wizard that is keeping her from closing a business deal. Take the Wizard out of the picture.

Silke Encounter - If you have Garrick in the party and visit the upper floor of the Five Flagons, you will meet Silke, who is out for revenge.

Dran Draggore - The Lord of the Undead, the top boss from Eye of the Beholder 2 has his eye fixed on Athkatla. Can you save the city?

Zoran Encounter - Montaron has run afoul of a group of thieves. This encounter happens in the sewers when Montaron is in your party.

Tranzig Encounter - A certain wizard from your past has not had enough. This encounter happens in the sewers

Lady Heloise and Uncle Fulbert Saga - Will Uncle Fulbert let Lady Heloise be with her true love? Perhaps you could help.

Slythe and Krystin Encounter - Some villains from the past return to cause you more trouble.

Yago ecounter - If you have both Coran and Safana in your party, you might run into this villain from Baldur's Gate 1 in Waukeen's Promenade.

Lanfear's plead for help - After meeting her doom. This villain learned the error of her ways and now needs Coran's help to save the forest from two ancient dragons.

Revenge of the Water Demons - If you have Safana along with you in the docks long enough, chances are you will have an encounter with these devils of the deep.

Elminster Quest - A crafty imp has stolen Elminster's ring. Too busy to retrieve it himself, he asks you to lend a hand. Quest begins at Lady Goldsword's villa in the Water Gardens.

Volo Quest - Volo will ask you for a favor. Quest begins at Lady Goldsword's villa in the Water Gardens.

Smiling Imp

Literate
Here are some screenshots

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Absalom

Cool mod. Though, what is the purpose of it? Just call backs to the first game?

Smiling Imp

Literate
Cool mod. Though, what is the purpose of it? Just call backs to the first game?

It adds 19 NPCs, including Deekin Scalesinger from NWN, adds 400+ items to a store Kagain runs, new quests, new banters, dialogs, interjections, and a new city area located inside Athkatla.

Smiling Imp

Literate
Sounds good. Tried it out in a BigWorld install?

Not personally no. However, the NPCs are broken down into different components and each has a creature check, meaning if another mod adds a certain NPC, like TDD for instance, it will skip over that NPC and go to the next. NPC sounds are optional, but come all together to save time. That and be changed in future versions though. If you get a chance to try it out, please post some feedback, even bad. That is the only way the mod gets better.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Sounds good. Tried it out in a BigWorld install?

Not personally no. However, the NPCs are broken down into different components and each has a creature check, meaning if another mod adds a certain NPC, like TDD for instance, it will skip over that NPC and go to the next. NPC sounds are optional, but come all together to save time. That and be changed in future versions though. If you get a chance to try it out, please post some feedback, even bad. That is the only way the mod gets better.

Ok I will, I have a game going in a pretty big Big World install right now so I'll finish that first before I tinker some more with it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom