Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines Unofficial patch 7.6

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Clockwork Knight said:
Yeah, I just read through that thread. Shame I never touch anti aliasing, I don't noice the difference anyway. I'll look for another solution. Maybe this happened when I updated my drivers? That was ages ago...then again, I also played Bloodlines for the last time ages ago.

more derping:

horriblystretchedscreen.jpg

edit: oh hey, found a thread by you on this subject

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 98#1483698
preserve aspect ratio, mang.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Clockwork Knight said:
Well, it'll certainly make for a...unique gameplay experience. But nowadays I have zero patience to deal with bugs, so I'm thinking of reinstalling.

You realize it won't matter since it's not random? Just fiddle with the anisotropic settings for the game in your driver control panel.

Or
Excidium said:
preserve aspect ratio, mang.
Is this it? I only had this once when i was still on windows.

I thought it had something to do with the patch since it didnt happen before, when I was using 6.1. But I guess not. Let's try the anisotropic thing.

While we're on that, is there a way to remove Wesp's patch if I want to? Or revert to Basic?

edit: It was the anisotropic thingie, 2x was enough to fix the crazy eyes. Preserve Aspect Ratio didn't affect it.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Nope. What you can do (and i do) is to keep a copy of the game (zipped or not), with a no-cd.

It will not remove it's registry entries it creates in windows without the uninstaller though (indeed, i'm not sure the uninstaller works at all with this config).
For me, it's a no-issue since if i want to reset "windows" i delete the wine ~/.wine folder, but for you, in a real windows system, i'd guess you'd not want that.
The good news is that the registry entries are unneeded. As long as you start the game from the current game dir (shortcuts do that).

Wesp5

Arcane
SCO said:
Although it has a config menu for keybindings they don't work to config the right mouse button (it escapes the keybinder).

Strange, I always use the RMB for reload and it bound normally in Bloodlines for me...

toggle is something you can configure in the file so you don't have to keep pressing it.

You should be aware that the latest UP adds toggles for walk/run and auto-moving :)!

Wesp5

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
While we're on that, is there a way to remove Wesp's patch if I want to? Or revert to Basic?

Just install basic on top of plus and all the plus changes should be gone!

Wesp5

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
Seriously, man? How could you mess with the warehouse pallet? Rpg experience = ruined

I know this is a joke, but I just feel the need to explain ;). I'm only doing the fixes, the players out there make me aware of the issues and man, they notice things I didn't in all these years! Like that you could move right into one of the pallets in the warehouse and through one of the iron railings there too. Therefore this fix :)!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Wesp5 said:
SCO said:
Although it has a config menu for keybindings they don't work to config the right mouse button (it escapes the keybinder).

Strange, I always use the RMB for reload and it bound normally in Bloodlines for me...

Maybe a wine bug. Morrowind, while playable otherwise, has a similar problem in it's keybinder (but worse, people think it "freezes", when it actually can't get out of focus without the alt-tab equivalent).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom