Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bug Reports

Technomancer

Liturgist
Settings > gameplay > show skill thresholds.

I see, I have that enabled indeed.

seems like nitpicking at times, it's exactly the kind of feedback I need for a level of polish

I will share actual feedback after the bugs and completion. Made a small list so far. Nothing major but some changes for better flow, game logic and cheap visual fixes.

Technomancer

Liturgist
None of the chinese sliding doors have sound set up for them. The only exception being the door behind which the guy hides on Kraken outpost. It is silent from the outside, but the inside POV plays a sound on exit. All doors in Tuxin Liu have no sound set up for them.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_15-05-57-56.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
will share actual feedback after
Tho I guess I can start now. You can access the rover dashboard from outside using your latent psionic powers of remote technology control. I stumbled on your old steam post where you used an excuse of not wanting to block rare logistics check as reason to not fix it but man this shit looks janky and lame as fuck. Content has to be gated, bugs should be fixed. Chinese transponder universal access hack (Needs 4 hacking) that allows you to get inside the vehicle is a much more heavy investment than Logistics 2 and it too has few opportunities to shine. Do not sack one gameplay element for the sake of another while sacrificing game logic and consistency in process.

Of course, if its a pain in the ass to fix, that is different but should mention it as additional reason.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_15-22-14-23.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Not sure you can easily solve this but jank like this brings this game down the most. Can't you add some sort of black screen with noises representing you getting out of vehicle while screen fades to black to hide the transition? I dunno, your call if you want to bother.

LwgQFalh2G.gif

Technomancer

Liturgist
Once you finish "Green, green grass of home" by building the plastic garden and reporting to Val, the "Sabotage" quest should autocomplete because it becomes impossible to complete anyway (no dialogue options) and it shouldn't be possible based on logic of events. She wants to explode crap to stop IASA methane extraction that kills Earth atmo but it becomes pointless when you discover tech to reverse the damage though the use of new plastic bacteria.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_16-00-41-65.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
That shit can't be right. This item gives 250XP lol. That's more than 100 from built supercomputer node and any quest. For the cheap, cheap price of five mineral and five polymers and a modest time investment you can get yourself the most optimal and efficient way to level. And then you can recycle it to return some of the materials cost so it would be even easier to abuse. Surely its a typo in the code and its meant to be 25?

TitanOutpost_2024-04-01_15-32-27-18.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Jukebox is bugged. You can make it play any track, go upstairs and you will get double OST playing. Gotta be only one. Ideally the jukebox song should playout, and then the normal default track takes over. Or you can just make it override default OST and play forever on repeat until you go back and switch it off.

Same bug happens when somebody uses the living room to dance. The funky party tune goes with you upstairs resulting in double OST. Also, kinda silly you can select any track in the jukebox but the funk.

In fact, the bug is worse than it seems since it sets the music to always be doubled even after you go beyond the base.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Ling dialogue is all kinds of fucked.

First of all this option doesn't disappear even if he already told you to contact the base.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-02_06-40-17-53.png

Then this getaway option. I never picked it and waited until I did all the quests. Now Earth option is broken. I already hooked up the elevator and received material reward so Ling either should tell me I already was rewarded or just ok it the same way Mars option works (I fixed the rocket). Right now Ling demands it all over again when I mention Earth trip. And its actually impossible to satisfy it because he will just repeat same lines over and over again.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-02_06-46-34-18.png

Technomancer

Liturgist
Then, you can tell Ling about Magnus sabotaging the other rover and killing Bai. Even if Magnus didn't tell you about it. He reveals that info in a specific conversation, question where you ask about where is Bai now. But it seems game only cares for you to meet Magnus not to ask the question.

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Whole ending sequence of Magnus questline needs polish, badly.

For starters, need to improve pathfinding, geometry, navmesh or whatever else causes this ugly spinning bullshit on approach to interaction point.

is0SrjV.gif

Secondly, if you leave the interaction point and stand without moving you can't interact with the point again. Its janky like that, you have to walk some distance away to re-trigger it.

This is me clicking and failing.

yMfbxcg.gif

When you got to the dam control tower, if you save and reload, Magnus' position is not saved and he starts to walk over to his spot again even if you saved with him already standing there.

save.png

If you save and reload on the actual lander further away, same bug happens. But even more ridiculous.

TitanOutpost_2024-04-02_06-27-04-76.png

Finally, the lander itself also needs some polish. Very jittery.

ZGCNNdy.gif

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Believe I reported that one before. I can see a ladder there but fade to black teleport with sounds is a better solution when you can't afford animations. Is there even a reason to go to the roof?

SJmrMWS.gif

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
That shit can't be right. This item gives 250XP lol.
It's a difficulty 10 item, so that results from the formula. I'll nerf it regardless, you're right that it's exploitable.

Believe I reported that one before. I can see a ladder there but fade to black teleport with sounds is a better solution when you can't afford animations. Is there even a reason to go to the roof?
I have ladder animations for the radio tower and the ladder that used to be usable in the hangar but it was slow and annoying. I'll see if I can put them back in and speed it up or something.

Main reason to go on the roof is to steal from the stash in the back, although there's more than one way to do it.

Almost fixed everything else now.

Modron

Arcane
That shit can't be right. This item gives 250XP lol. That's more than 100 from built supercomputer node and any quest. For the cheap, cheap price of five mineral and five polymers and a modest time investment you can get yourself the most optimal and efficient way to level. And then you can recycle it to return some of the materials cost so it would be even easier to abuse. Surely its a typo in the code and its meant to be 25?
Look at you turning into Sawyer.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Look at you turning into Sawyer.

Heh, overbalancing crap so much that it becomes boring is definitely a thing. But sometimes keeping things unbalanced only makes it worse because it removes fun of challenge. Not the first time I suggests balance changes for the game and not the first time MF listens. Plutonium rebalance feels much more enjoyable than original infinite system.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Yeah like I said, balancing in single player games isn't as important as fun, but if something trivializes a challenge altogether it's still an issue.

Finally fixed and improved everything you mentioned. I tied everything together with Ling.

Also instead of a transition screen I spent a whole day backporting my ladder stuff from The Jovian System, which seemed like a good idea but really wasn't. So much has changed since unity 2017 with the navmesh. At least it works now and the ladders have proper animations and pathing set up.

While I was at it I replaced Adanech's TTS VO with an actual voice.

I'll have a big patch out in a day or two.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Also instead of a transition screen I spent a whole day backporting my ladder stuff from The Jovian System, which seemed like a good idea but really wasn't.
Lol. +24.000 codex cool credits :cool:

You are set on it? I had a few more bugs and didn't have time to 100% it. Was aiming to on the week.

For what chars? I think I only recall IPMS and china door guard with a gun.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
You are set on it? I had a few more bugs and didn't have time to 100% it. Was aiming to on the week.
I ran my build scripts overnight, almost done. I'll push this one and do a minor update later. Unless you have something huge, then I'll hold off. I don't like pushing multiple >100mb updates in short order.

For what chars? I think I only recall IPMS and china door guard with a gun.
Adanech, the Chinese doctor. Actor I got for that back then never sent the files and disappeared so I used a bad Chinese text-to-speech for that voice initially. Syaoran is supposed to sound like a stoic robot who barely speaks English, so that's fine. IPMS is literally an AI with a poorly configured speech synthesizer so that's fine, too. Adanech was not fine.

the ladders have proper animations and pathing set up.
Time to restore chinese base elevator ladder :hahano:
To hell with that thing! It will canonically remain an emergency ladder. ;)

Technomancer

Liturgist
Actor I got for that back then never sent the files and disappeared
Did you pay in advance?

Unless you have something huge
I'm just sure I will several more bugs. Endgame is always the least polished. For now, I have that tendril rock alien remaining on rover back side after you give it to Magnus. Reported it before, was too bothersome to fix?

I believe the fake alien is also floating a bit over the terrain.

And I think I know how to reproduce the double ok bug.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Actor I got for that back then never sent the files and disappeared
Did you pay in advance?
Yes. Was a Fiverr gig though, didn't lose much on that one. Mostly wasted time investment.
Unless you have something huge
I'm just sure I will several more bugs. Endgame is always the least polished. For now, I have that tendril rock alien remaining on rover back side after you give it to Magnus. Reported it before, was too bothersome to fix?

I believe the fake alien is also floating a bit over the terrain.

And I think I know how to reproduce the double ok bug.
I fixed the sporocarb remaining on the Rover after you give it, I'm sure. Probably missed one branch where it doesn't get triggered. I'll go over them. Fake Alien probably started floating again after I smoothed out the terrain a bit.

If you know how to reproduce the double tutorial button, that would be great. I changed something that probably fixes it, but I never got it to happen so I'm not sure if that worked.

Technomancer

Liturgist
I fixed the sporocarb remaining on the Rover after you give it, I'm sure.
Well, I'm not at home so can't give screen but it exists so bug is there. I don't think there are many dialogue options for it. I also think I did the alien first and then explored the other site so maybe that was it.

If you know how to reproduce the double tutorial button, that would be great. I changed something that probably fixes it, but I never got it to happen so I'm not sure if that worked.
Would need to bugdive a bit to make it certain. But I suspect it is connected to dual tutorial bug. Basically it triggers twice. When you first access the outpost inventory on your own, and then do as Karen say, rest, and follow the tutorial the second time. Which will trigger the outpost inventory section again but all broken.

Technomancer

Liturgist
With new added footstep sounds on chinese base, there is now bugged foot stomping. If you stand in front of Ling or near trader you will hear that weird ass knocking which I now realized was the step sound. Is that playing from MC idle? Can't find the source. It goes silent in some parts of the base. Drives me nuts.

I grew to hate it from the IASA outpost by playing early game so much. Didn't know what it was. But now I do, can you fix that one too? In your outpost if you reload, there is always that fucking knock like the place is haunted. Now I think it happens coz char feet collide with the floor on reload or smth, so it plays out once even if you didn't move.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Hmm. Yeah. The audio spatiality isn't there in Tuxing Liu because the camera there is truly isometric and doesn't have space or distance. The footsteps front and center are indeed annoying.

Footsteps are another way to convey what surface you're on for outside conductance heat transfer and it adds to the atmosphere when you're outside, I turned them off in the Outpost. Except the initial one, which is exactly what you're describing, I'll get rid of that too. It gets old fast in Tuxing Liu too regardless of volume or space. I'll replace the sound with something less intrusive and skip the initial hit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom