Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Call Of Juarez: The Cartel

Ermm

Erudite
I need to remember the awesomely retarded quotes of this game.

"And I saw a pale horse an he who sits upon it and his name is death and he has a bullet with your fucking name on it.''

''I will make nine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh and I will bathe in the blood of my motherfucking enemies...... or something like that.''

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This game seems to be Call of Jewarez 2 but even more shit, and the fact that even the mainstream media seems to hate it should give you a good idea how bad it is. Good fucking riddance.

torpid

Liturgist
Wtf, it's not even set in the Old West anymore. What's the point? Generic car chase with generic gun and even Angry Joe is shocked.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I remember when I was thinking that if Techland learns from mistakes they did in Chrome they can make a pretty good game (Chrome was already a free approach shooter with quite open maps).

Each new game from them was a decline since.

Fucking potatoes.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They should have stuck to classic western stuff, this is just embarrassing.

Ermm

Erudite
Zed said:
They should have stuck to classic western stuff, this is just embarrassing.

If they really wanted to go in the future, they should have tried Cyberpunk or Steampunk setting, and even if the end result (in terms of quality) would be like ''Cartel'', at least that would have been a bit bolder move. But yeah, they should have stayed at classic western.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
.................amazing. They took out the only redeeming setting from the game...and left nothing but turd in there. Simply amazing.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The first one was awesome.

The second one was cool but dragged down by the stupid co-op gameplay. When I play a single player shooter I don't want a fucking companion with me all the time ffs :x

And now they've taken out the western setting? What is this I don't even.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Well, I don't know if its a cliche, but I like the idea of X number of morally ambiguous YYYY working together despite not trusting each other sounds interesting. From the looks of it though, I highly doubt this is a quality game.

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Christ, I always forget what an absolute idiot Angry Joe comes off as. I'm sure that he has to be smarter than he seems, because god knows he wouldn't even be able to breathe if he weren't.

As for the game...it's kind of a shame. I enjoyed the first CoJ, and there have been plenty examples of Western style stories working outside of that setting. The premise of The Cartel is a pretty strong one, but I have to agree that it looks like a dog after watching some gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom