Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Celebrate 25 years of Fallout with Bethesda!

Codex Year of the Donut
under any sane copyright system, sampling would be considered a transformative work

under existing copyright systems, what is considered fair use is determined by how many attorneys you can afford

quaesta

Educated
I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who didn't enjoy Fallout 4. As exploring Boston, taking your time and immersing yourself, is truly an enjoyable experience.

:bounce:

Sorry, can't really IMMERSE myself into a game that tells you that you're a father on the lookout for his missing son. The fact that your character is that prebaked from the beginning on is an absolute immersion killer. But I am glad that you enjoyed Borderlands 4.

Bethesda's stories usually suck ass. I was not impressed by Fallout 3 and Oblivion. Playing by ignoring the plot is usually the way to go, especially since unlike GTA games where it takes 50 main quests to unlock the weapon shop, you unlock everything in Fallout games at the beginning
This isn't to excuse the games for being shit, more to offer perspective on how it's typically played

PLAGIARISM/SAMPLING IS OKAY WHEN DONE RIGHT, and that's what Mark Morgan was asked to do and delivered on.

What they did was very much illegal and they could have been sued (as early hip hop artists were when they sampled without permission). His defense is that they gave him an unlabeled cd (also illegal) so he thought it was public domain music. :lol:
i don't care about the law, i'm talking about the ideological level of it. some of the best shit ever made in this world was more or less a blatant ripoff of something else, and the american legal system is so fucked that you can sue anyone over anything. doesn't really mean anything, and obviously nothing came of that

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Celebrate 25 years of Skyrim.
fhzm1qiqjwgz.jpg

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Xcept there is nothing in the whole celebration notion hinting or stating they (as in Bethesda) take credit for F1,2. They celebrate Fallout world, period

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom