Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Choice & Consequence in Din's Curse

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Din's Curse

<p><a href="http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/05/dins_curse_is_like_diablo_but.php" target="_blank">Over at Fidgit</a>, Tom Chick makes a pretty good case for why <a href="http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html" target="_blank"><strong>Din's Curse</strong></a> might be worth your time.</p>
<blockquote>So when I decided to bypass Rotskinner, he didn't just loiter on level four. As I pushed down into levels five and six, I started getting messages that Rotskinner was sending creatures to attack the town. Towns in Din's Curse aren't safe havens, removed from the action. The monsters in the dungeon want to come out and play.<br /><br />Furthermore, Rotskinner had set up a darkness machine in level three, which limits my visibility. Since this was making it difficult to get around, I had to return to level three and root it out, while more and more powerful assassins attacked the town. Later, an earthquake machine on level seven started causing random damage around the level from falling debris. I had to split my time between making progress on other quests and backtracking to tear down Rotskinner's machines, which affected town as well. And the attacks in town kept getting more powerful. He was slaughtering townsfolk, which hurt my reputation stat, and knocked me backwards from the cool gifts you get when you fill the reputation bar. He even managed to kill the warmaster who had given me quests! I had no way to turn in the quests and free up slots for additional quests until I enlisted the steward's help to rescue a new warmaster from inside the dungeon. I was laboring under a series of cascading failures. Eventually, Katosfalls was lost.</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Consequences are:

A. You're fucked

B. You're fucked and townsfolk is as well.

Have a good time!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom