Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Consoles are so outdated

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
We're talking about graphics here, not art style. But still:

This >>>>>>>>>>> That animu button masher

KalosKagathos

Learned
The second one will be as bad as the original was, and you know it. None of the charm or cleverness of The Lost Vikings.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wow. Does it look heavily outdated.

Wonder whom sonyboys will blame this time?
Previously they blamed 100% multiplatform devs for not utilizing the superior hardware of PS3 100% of the time :lol:

Who cares? If new Consoles came out, the only thing that would improve (so they say) would be graphics. Does anyone expect anything else from a change of console that wouldn't be a decline? The only good thing I can think of is that with Consoles being 'locked in', games producers need to come up with something besides graphics to win people over...well, the theory makes sense. In practise, not a lot of this has happened, has it?

Oh, and PC ports would require 5 times as much power to run the same games.

Topher

Cipher
I always played Forza for my racing fix. I wonder if that ever got a PC port?

Xi

Arcane
Blackadder said:
Who cares? If new Consoles came out, the only thing that would improve (so they say) would be graphics. Does anyone expect anything else from a change of console that wouldn't be a decline? The only good thing I can think of is that with Consoles being 'locked in', games producers need to come up with something besides graphics to win people over...well, the theory makes sense. In practise, not a lot of this has happened, has it?

Oh, and PC ports would require 5 times as much power to run the same games.

Much of the current limitation is memory allocation. 512MB of shared memory is not enough to get anything done. Sure, we can expect graphical increases, but more memory and CPU power can also translate to new and interesting gameplay mechanics.

Will this occur? Probably not, but graphics are only going to sell for so long before we crave some substance again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom