Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

"cRPG Community": guild for cRPG players on Xfire

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hello, sweet RPGCodex.

I'd like to advertise my guild. Why? Why would I bother doing it in here, when I can do it anywhere on Xfire's forum? The reason is simple - it's hard to find any cRPG fans who are not Mainstream cRPG fans. This is one of the last forums where people actually criticize games and know what's good. So, about the guild: I invite all of you (who use Xfire or are going to) to it. For now we support:
1 The Witcher
2 Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines
3 Neverwinter Nights 2
4 Neverwinter Nights
5 Fallout 2
6 Diablo II - Lord of Destruction
7 Gothic II
8 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
9 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
10 World of Warcraft

Although if enough Codexers will join we may stop supporting Oblivion/Diablo II and start to Arcanum and (in the further future) Age of Decadence (Or something else, perhaps?)

http://www.xfire.com/clans/crpgcommunity/
I welcome you all.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I thought about joining but somehow reconsidered.

captureqx6.jpg

Codex spell-check failed.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Re: "cRPG Community": guild for cRPG players on X

BloodyPuppy said:
Elric said:
Konjad said:
10 World of Warcraft
In what way is this not "mainstream"?

Not to mention Morrowind and Oblivion.

We do support mainstream games, but I thought I explained it enough in my first post. Let's do that again:
Nearly no one in the guild plays, for example, Arcanum. Supporting it would be pointless. That's why I want to get people from RPGCodex who plays games like Fallout or Arcanum to change game list in the guild - so I can no longer support Oblivion and Diablo II and support more cRPGs without hurting my guild too much.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 am Post subject:
Or The Witcher, (...) NWN, NWN2.
What's the problem with these games? The Witcher and MotB aren't cRPGs? What's a cRPG then?
NWN has many RPG modules and since there are not many cRPGs why don't support it?

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What's the point in existence of such a guild?

Konjad

Patron
t said:
What's the point in existence of such a guild?
Playing online in some of these games, talking on forum about these games and mods, well, nothing new, just the same point as in most guilds/cults/whatever (except clans).

Konjad

Patron
inwoker said:
We have codex. Why would we go to other place?

If you have Xfire and you'd like to join a group about cRPG - you can join cRPG Community. If you don't have xfire or have it but don't want to join group - don't. What's so damn hard to understand is in it? I'm not telling anyone to abandon Codex and join me or something.

Shoelip

Arbiter

What you fail to realize Konjad, is that the Codex feeds off misery and rejection. :)

Konjad

Patron
We have changed supported games, perhaps they are more likely to the Codex's taste now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom