Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

D&D: Shadows over Mystra.

Andhaira

Arcane
I had some free time at work today (basically the entire day free). One of my coworkers has a huge collection of games (ROMS) on his computer which I borrowed. Among the games I discovered a gem, Dungeons and Dragons Shadows over Mystra. I had never heard of this puppy before and was pleasantly surprised. Its an arcade game like Final Fight except with D&D characters. You have numerous classes to choose from. I chosse the magic user, and he was a ton of fun. Lots of spells, with great special effects.

I recommend this game if you have some time to kill. Best to play with a buddy.

MisterStone

Arcane
You should play Dungeon Fighter Andhaira. It's like that game, except a MMORPG with leveling and equipment. I'm sure you'd get along just fine with all the 11 year-old Chinese and Korean kids.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It's a pretty fun game. But a bit annoying if you're on multiplayer with wizards because of the constant pausing everytime they use the strong spells.

MisterStone

Arcane
Is there any easy way to play this game without using a ROM emulator? Because I imagine it would be a pain in the ass to set it up for multiple controllers on a PC (never mind two or more people sharing a keyboard).

MisterStone

Arcane
Are you referring to the networking capabilities of MAME, or is there something else I need to know about? Don't hold out on me bro!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I used Final Burn Alpha emulator, and it had this Kaillera client that allows you to play online, nothing too fancy. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom