Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daggerfall

Drakron

Arcane
Well ExMonk is a christian ...

Lumpy

Arcane
Dementia Praecox said:
ExMonk said:
Dementia Praecox said:
Lumpy said:
ExMonk said:
Drakron said:
All, you simply overriding the value of when they became visible so they never became visible.

What?
Objects are only shown on the compass only when the distance to the player is lower than a certain value. A variable in the game determines that value.
so, for example, you might set it so you see all dungeons at all times. Or only those in 10 metres of you. Or, you may set that variable to 0, and since it's quite hard to stay on top of something and still not notice it, the compass will point to nothing you haven't found yet.
DO YOU GET IT NOW EXMONK???!!? DO YOU!!??!1
:lol:

You are a pathetic little peon, hiding beyond the anonymity of this board to insult my intelligence. Well let's have it punk. Show me what you've got. Why is the codex attracting pre-adolescent, brain stem-challenged baboons, like this clueless loser lately?
Actually, the bash, if aimed at anything, it was aimed at Lumpy for explaining how to deactivate the dots on the übercoolITAMdetectar, like, for the fourth time or something...

But I cant claim to be hiding beyond the anonymity of anything really, or atleast not anymore than anyone else posing here. As for for insulting of intelligence, the first remark was quite innocent. Anyway if I hurt your feelings I am truly sorry.

And by the way, deep down, I am not all that bad... :cry:

Edit:
Le Soleil Irrépressible said:
Praecox you're an obnoxious little shit.
Love you too, honey! :wink:
Oh, I'm really really sorry for trying to help ExMonk. Especially since he didn't appear to understand, and Drakron's explanations were quite vague.

Slylandro

Scholar
Hey, this is coming from a longtime lurker on rpgcodex. I just registered, mainly to ask a question about Daggerfall. I keep hearing how good it is (before anyone asks, NO I'm NOT tintin) but I can't seem to find any copies left. Er, actually I can, but they're waaaaaaaay overpriced. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... e&n=507846
$90??? That's practically robbery! I don't know anything about Bethsheba's selling practices, I'm guessing that Daggerfall isn't being made anymore? Aaggh.

Jason

chasing a bee
No, it's not being made anymore. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Beth releases it as free download when Oblivion comes out. They did that with Arena when the ES 10th anniversary came around. Otherwise, there's no way in hell that game is worth $90. Check some of the abandonware sites. Or go play Planescape instead.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Slylandro said:
Hey, this is coming from a longtime lurker on rpgcodex. I just registered, mainly to ask a question about Daggerfall. I keep hearing how good it is (before anyone asks, NO I'm NOT tintin) but I can't seem to find any copies left. Er, actually I can, but they're waaaaaaaay overpriced. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... e&n=507846
$90??? That's practically robbery! I don't know anything about Bethsheba's selling practices, I'm guessing that Daggerfall isn't being made anymore? Aaggh.

You might find a 2nd hand copy on ebay for a lower price, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. This is what I found http://search.ebay.co.uk/daggerfall_W0QQfltZ9QQfromZR8

And no, DF isn't being sold anymore and, if the devs are to be believed, they have... lost... some (or all) of the source-code. So don't expect an anniversary release anytime soon either

Lumpy

Arcane
OverrideB1 said:
Slylandro said:

You might find a 2nd hand copy on ebay for a lower price, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. This is what I found http://search.ebay.co.uk/daggerfall_W0QQfltZ9QQfromZR8

And no, DF isn't being sold anymore and, if the devs are to be believed, they have... lost... some (or all) of the source-code. So don't expect an anniversary release anytime soon either
They what?... So what? What do they need the source code for? Couldn't they just release the game itself?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Lumpy said:
They what?... So what? What do they need the source code for? Couldn't they just release the game itself?
And say "Now all you need is DosBox"? (Yeah, I know they did that with Arena) Heck, anyone can d/l the game and do it themselves, no Bethesda cooperation needed here. The only proper reason for a re-release would be if the game got rewritten for modern platforms.
And that would be so swell.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Lumpy said:

Shrug. The last time that the question of a re-release of Daggerfall came up, that was the excuse that was given. They had "lost" the source-code and were, therefore, unable to release the game. I presume that, from the excuse given, Bethesda have no extant copies of the game from which to press copies - something I find rather odd, but there you go.

Of course, given that any release of the game would have to be accompanied by at least one patch, Bethesda may consider it too labour-intensive to support.

Zomg

Arbiter
Anyone else miss Wizardworks? I loved those RPG shovelware CDs of SSI stuff. In a perfect, shovelware-friendly world Daggerfall would be one of 40 games on a twenty dollar DVD set.

Lumpy

Arcane
Elwro said:
Lumpy said:
And say "Now all you need is DosBox"? (Yeah, I know they did that with Arena) Heck, anyone can d/l the game and do it themselves, no Bethesda cooperation needed here. The only proper reason for a re-release would be if the game got rewritten for modern platforms.
And that would be so swell.
I've been on several abandonware sites, and it seems that Bethesda has been on a crusade to remove daggerfall from all those sites. The only place one can download it is BitTorrent.
So, even if they "lost" the source code, they could at least make it freeware.

Slylandro

Scholar
Thanks a lot you guys. I already have Planescape: Torment though. One great thing about the game is that it was (still is) so unpopular in the mainstream that I easily grabbed a cheap new copy from Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom