Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Spire released: Comments/Impressions?

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
theverybigslayer said:
This is a great rpg.
I like it a lot. Best dungeon crawler I've played in a long time. Now if only developers could be counted on to produce quality games like this often. sigh

Still haven't finished the game yet, only about 10 hours in. Only usually play it during break at work. Any idea how long the game is supposed to be?

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
I had 20 hours now. I am working for the secondary classes. I am using the default party and that's a little fucked up :) So I need some grind now :(
There is no more long crawling after repairing the elevator and learning the Angel Wing (town portal) spell.
This is the best game since May 2005.
If only I could dance in the dungeon or ride a horse :)

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
bikini.jpg

The outfit of a real warrior.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
And I thought I was the only one who gave my tank Bikini Armor even though he was called "Cecil". Can't pass up AC now, can we?

I am at the same point as slayer except only 18 hours in. All my characters have 13 levels in their primary class and 10 in their second one, so I can take the prestige class as soon as it becomes available.

I have, however, remade all my characters so I can craft a new, completely High Elven party, simply because magic makes the game a good deal faster and so I went with a party of everyone having 16 INT and 15 DEX on creation.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
Help! I don't dare to open the chests on Level6! I win a hard battle and after that my party usually wiped out by opening the chest :(

ninja.jpg

But I love the ninjas :)

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Can ninjas 1-hit you in this game? I remember them being pretty intimidating enemies in the Wizardries and hope the same is true here.

theverybigslayer

Liturgist
I haven't seen a ninja critical yet. I usually immediately wipe out them using the Extinctio spell.
But I can say for sure the Killer Bunnies can make criticals :) The combat is total Wizardry1 style, so do not expect the more tactical Wiz6-7 combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom