Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

deus ex2 preview at gamespot

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
There is a rather neat deus ex2 preview at gamespot. I know that it isn't a true rpg for many but I do remember playing and enjoying the first part. Especially the little differences that could come from how you played a mission. Things like when I was amazed after I found out that it was actually possible to keep my brother alive....normally I just turned tail and ran when the swat team came in.
Lets hope the next one will be as cool as part one allthough it would be nice when they'll put in some more "theif" like skills and a better ai.

Trash

preview at:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/pr ... 52,00.html

Greenskin13

Erudite
I liked Deus Ex better than SS2 because it didn't make me wet my pants.

Anyways, the shadow affect on DX2 looks very nice. Probably wont run on my old buzzer, but meh.

Section8

Cipher
That's one of the many reasons why I don't really like Deus Ex. It just didn't have the same immersive freak out factor that System Shock 2 and the Thief series had.

Crazy Tuvok

Liturgist
Astromarine said:
about that. Could anyone that played it please tell me their opinion on the immersiveness of Undying?

Not bad. There are some genuinely creepy/scary moments (tho not as intense as SS2) and the presentation is nicely done. At times it really had me engaged and at other times it plays like a pretty straightforward shooter. I also enjoyed the journal that comes with the game as it sets up the story rather stylishily. I enjoyed it, just don't expect SS2 level freak outs.

ecliptic

Liturgist
Undying - loved it until they threw me into a huge outside area and told me to grab six different items, and gave no further direction beyond that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom