Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does anyone remember "Shadow Man"?

Ladders & Snakes

Educated
I played it.

It was good.

more of a game for consoles, though.

Zeus

Cipher
It was okay. I liked a lot of things about it, like the Bayou level. The horror theme. The weird monsters. But it was too wandery for me. I'm not much into Metroidvanias even when they're sidescrolling, but if there's one thing I can't stand it's a maze-like, hub-based, 3D world, where you flip a switch, hear a sound effect, and are supposed to know that two miles away, some unseen door just opened. Gives me Hexen flashbacks. I hate it.

spectre

Arcane
Mediocre. I remember I didn't even the finish the demo that came an a gaming rag cd.
But back then, there were simply so many so much better games to play, and standards might have lowered a bit recently.

coaster

Liturgist
I had the N64 version. Fun game, great atmosphere (New York apartment was p. scary), nice moody soundtrack.

Sequel was vastly inferior - short, dumbed down, and final boss was on some space station or something, wtf. Avoid.

ortucis

Prophet
I have this game installed since last year. I got distracted by Descent 3 and Urban Chaos so I will go back to playing more than the first level itself.

BTW, pretty good opening sequence. Jack the ripper, heh.

EDIT: Man this makes me feel old. I remember when Shadowman was released and remember reading a good review for it on CGW. Ahh.. good times. Also, I got distracted by Hexen and Heretic back then. :P

Dunno if I'm remembering it right, but the N64 version was far superior in gameplay. I played the PS1 version a few months ago and was horrorized.

I was also trolled once - a magazine said that you had to go to the world of the dead (after meeting the witch in the first stage), and there was two ways to accomplish this: finding the magic teddy bear, or being killed by the dogs.

Guess which option actually gives you a game over.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Shadowman?

shadowman.png

Eyeball

Arcane
Excellent voice acting, interesting setting, nice characters, terrible graphics, boring gameplay. I wanted to love it due to the style and presentation but the game just wasn't interesting enough to play to warrant me completing it.

I still have a soft spot for Jaunty, though. "If ye run into that Jeffrey Dahmer fella, tell 'im oi said howya!"

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
As has been already said, it was a mediocre game, all aspects of which had already been done better in other games.

Flanged

Scholar
Really enjoyed it at the time - loved the environments and the serial killers and the prison level. Tried playing the PC version again recently, though, and I'm afraid it gave every appearance of being shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom