Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does anyone wanna play SC2?

Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
We have been playing a plenty of 3vs3 matches, and found out that the winning strategy is always rush fast as fuck. Five+ barracks, hammer a, then some (that is, many) Zealots from the third player. The defense for that is the same thing, build units as fast as possible. So we decided to do this until we run into people who can stop it, so that we'll get to see if there's some alternative strategy.

These 3vs3 matches get pretty boring, no "now let's try something else" at all.

Rush as fast as fuck, or mass air as fast as fuck. Motherships and Void rays are especially amusing.

I wanna see the replay of the mass hellions that would be great

To be fair, it didn't completely own Zerg. Luan just seemed to be tired and started making mistakes. But it wrecked Protoss.

Kthan75 said:
Jim Cojones said:

That game is fucking epic. Worth watching just for the lulz.

First a 1 hour stalemate that ended in the last zealot being killed by broodlings, then the offensive evo chamber rush using broodlings. I'm sure Blizzard will be nerfing Zerg in the next patch.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Luan said:
honto ni sugoku kawaii da yo poi!~

:3

I've recently started watching PsyStarcraft's channel. The man is quite humorous and skilled.
He's been playing quite shitty lately which is why he started casting other games. But it's a great channel.

Quilty

Magister
I wish somebody would make an RTS (or TB, even better) set in the Blood War that would allow you to pit the Tanar'ri and the Baatezu against each other.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
POOPERSCOOPER said:
KC doesn't play 2v2 or 3v3 and doesn't play against people unless its 1v1. He also doesn't play against computers.

He's played 1 league game (1v1), 10 custom games, and 42 cooperative games.

Seems like a hardcore motherfucker.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
WholesaleGenocide said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
KC doesn't play 2v2 or 3v3 and doesn't play against people unless its 1v1. He also doesn't play against computers.

He's played 1 league game (1v1), 10 custom games, and 42 cooperative games.

Seems like a hardcore motherfucker.
Yeah I like coop, it's kind of like playing l4d2, just killin stuff.
I won't ever play 2v2 or 3v3 with all people involved, that just is not attractive to me.

WholesaleGenocide

Liturgist
Found a pretty cool program for anyone (of DIAMOND quality) that does anything other than achievement whoring (no one on the codex lol)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=124689

It autosaves all replays of your games, and you can view trends of your league games (such as how your win rate is inclining or declining, how your apm is doing over time, what build orders and matchups are kicking your ass, your win percentage in regards to the various matchups, and a shitfuck of other things). It's pretty baller.

If you're a DIAMOND pro like me, you'll probably need a DIAMOND quality program like this to track your unstoppable reign over the lesser leagues.

It's pretty much just like BWchart for SC. It's pretty sweet, but you faggots are gonna hate it and call me a neckbeard :( [/b]

kris

Arcane
I don't take gaming seriously enough to bother installing something like that.

I played a few games yesterday and really came to the conclusion that the multiplayer part won't be really fun until the two expansions is out. It is only the terrans that really can employ many different approaches. The others need some more unique units.

attackfighter

Magister
WholesaleGenocide said:
It's pretty sweet, but you faggots are gonna hate it and call me a neckbeard :( [/b]

If this application was for something like Dwarf Fortress, then yes I'd call you a neckbeard. However, this application is not for DF it is for SC2, which instead makes you a bumbling buffoon incapable of playing the worlds easiest casual game properly.

attackfighter

Magister
Made someone butthurt today

http://www.easy-share.com/1912032776/Lost Temple (6).SC2Replay

2r4hrma.jpg

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
What's wrong with Vikings supporting Siege Tanks? It keeps air of off them, and if melee units close in on the tanks, the Vikings can switch to ground mode to push clean them up.

Your opponent was pretty lame, I've gotta admit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Strange game I just had. I accidentally picked protoss when I wanted to go zerg. The loading screen showed my opponent as being heavily favoured. I figured "Aw hell... Let's just call this a mulligan and try to get the control 15 illusions achievement". Some minutes later, I sent 15 hallucinations of colossi into my opponents base, and he ragequitted before realizing they weren't real. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think there's some delicious irony to the roach though. Given that you can selectively burrow/unburrow them to increase their auto-regenerating health, they're literally popamole troopers.

Ulminati said:
I think there's some delicious irony to the roach though. Given that you can selectively burrow/unburrow them to increase their auto-regenerating health, they're literally popamole troopers.

This made me lol.

On the other hand, we have Terran as the Anti-Popamole. When MM hides in Medivaces, they don't heal. They are only healed by being manly man, standing tall in the field of fire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom