Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

does MotB have different system requirements then NWN2?

deuxhero

Arcane
(aside from the increased hardrive space required of coarse)

MetalCraze

Arcane
yes. it eats much less resources.
original NWN2 after installing MotB - too.

I was able to run it on my GeForce6600 with medium shadows and all else on max except I turned off bloom - because bloom looks like shit there.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Yes, they've changed a bit. Obsidian (or Atari) raised the minimum requirements for the CPU, from a 2GHz rated part to a 2.4... but I ran MotB on 2.2GHz Athlon XP and it worked better than the vanilla NWN2, MotB is much better optimized.

Thalkirst

Novice
Yes.

I have both and checked in their respective manuals.

NWN2 / MOTB

Processor: P4 2.0 Ghz or AMD equivalent / P4 2.4 GHz or AMD equivalent - P4 3.0 Ghz or AMD equivalent recommended for both
Memory: 512M (1 GB recommended)/ 1 GB (2 GB recommended)
HDD: 5.5 GB (both)
Video: 128M Pixel Shader 2.0 (256M Pixel Shader 3.0 i. i. e. ATI X1600 or Nividia 6800GT or better) recommended/256M Pixel Shader 2.0 (512M Pixel Shader 3.0 recommended)

The main changes are the amount of RAM and the video card.

Starwars

Arcane
I believe it was the 1.10 patch that optimized performance (which is, at least partly, included in MotB itself).
So you could get the engine optimizations for NWN2 only as well with the 1.10 patch.

There is not a huge difference otherwise. There are two areas I can think of in MotB where my performance lags a bit more than from anything I can remember in NWN2, and in those cases simply turning off water reflections would pretty much fix it for me.

Also, it seems to me as though that there are certain small visual upgrades here and there in MotB. Faces for example seems to be slightly better in MotB, but it might be me imagining things.

deuxhero

Arcane
Thanks, got to ask though, how do I find my video card information? I can find everything else under controlpanel/system/general

NiM82

Prophet
Go start / run/ type in "DXDIAG" (without the quote marks), hit Enter, a box will pop up with tabs for Video, Sound, etc. All the info you need should be there.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Starwars said:
I believe it was the 1.10 patch that optimized performance (which is, at least partly, included in MotB itself).

it was 1.07 patch originally. but then obsidian said - ah oh well we will call it 1.10 now and if you want to install motb revert from 1.07 to 1.06 and then install it as 1.10 and motb.
yep obsidian loves to give us the pain in the ass.

also warning. after installing MotB it WILL screw all of your dialogs and text in both MotB and NWN2. so you will have to patch it further.

deuxhero

Arcane
skyway said:
Starwars said:

it was 1.07 patch originally. but then obsidian said - ah oh well we will call it 1.10 now and if you want to install motb revert from 1.07 to 1.06 and then install it as 1.10 and motb.
yep obsidian loves to give us the pain in the ass.

also warning. after installing MotB it WILL screw all of your dialogs and text in both MotB and NWN2. so you will have to patch it further.

That doesn't really matter, as I am waiting for when the Gold Edition comes out 2 months from now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom