Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon keeper 2

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
So what do you guys think about DK2. I am going to (re)play it, i bought the game but never really played it.
I think dungeon keeper 1 was a lot better especially deeper dungeon, i really loved that game.
Is the game playable on Vista 64 bit because its really old.
Maybe i should make a lets play ?? if there are people interested.

Helton

Arcane
DK1 gives me nostalgia so not a fair comparison. On DK2 I could never get past this one level (with another keeper, long bridge between me and him, lots of humans in between, and a time limit), so I mostly play the pet dungeons. Those are fun to fuck around with.

Dmitron

Arbiter
They're both great games, DK2 is an evolution of DK1. I'm sure strategy players who obsess about underlying mechanics could perhaps find fault with DK2 simply because it's a sequel.

DK2 works fine on my Vista laptop..no problem on my XP desktop PC either.
I've said it here many times, but the game still looks great considering it's nearly a decade old. Really surprising for a 3D game. It even supports 1920 x 1200 widescreen with a tweak to the ini.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
i agree Helton , i guess i never gave DK2 a fair change, but it just didnt have the addictiveness that DK1 had.

Dimitron can u tell me how i can do the 1920 cause i have a 24 inch tft.

Carceri

Arcane
Helton said:
On DK2 I could never get past this one level (with another keeper, long bridge between me and him, lots of humans in between, and a time limit)

I thought I was the only looser who couldn't finish that mission, hehe. Damn! And I hated myself so much :)

zerotol said:
Maybe i should make a lets play ?? if there are people interested.

I'm interested.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Helton said:
On DK2 I could never get past this one level (with another keeper, long bridge between me and him, lots of humans in between, and a time limit)

Hah, I know this one. The keeper is called Asmodeus, and it's pretty much one of the hardest levels in the game, I even remember having an absolute rage quit on one playthrough, but I finally found the way to do it.

The key to victory are the dark mistresses - get as many as you can, train them quickly and send them on a blitzkrieg to the other keeper, while controlling the strongest of them. The non-controlled ones should stand around and take out enemy creatures, while you destroy the heart of the dungeon with the one you control

Panthera

Scholar
I actually liked the sequel a lot. The first had a certain raw appeal and is still brilliant and stands on its own, but the second had much more refined gameplay mechanics. Like how units took up space instead of crowding into one great big clusterfuck.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Who cared about that, you had a bar with all the creatures on. I never lost a creature the mutiple times i played DK and DD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom