Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dyson Sphere Program (Early access)

i'm sure it doesn't need any tweak to squeeze more juice through it.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The führer approved an expansion project.

EZ5wgYa.png

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Free combat update coming on December 15th.

Could be a huge upgrade for the game if it works well. Lack of any threats usually make the game a bit boring even if the logistical challenge is high.

Ironmonk

Augur
Could be a huge upgrade for the game if it works well. Lack of any threats usually make the game a bit boring even if the logistical challenge is high.
Yeah... but at the same time, the balance point between making it more fun or more boring/annoying is really thin... It would be amazing if they manage to pull it off.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah... but at the same time, the balance point between making it more fun or more boring/annoying is really thin... It would be amazing if they manage to pull it off.
You can change the settings to make it something that's there in the background but not a huge issue or make the run extremely combat heavy, like in factorio standard game vs deathworld. And besides, if the combat system is just straight up bad it can be disabled completely and it's a free addition to the game.

Ironmonk

Augur
Yeah... for the players it might not make a difference, but for the devs if this update doesn't achieve success among players (and result in more sales), it would mean they wasted many months of work on failure.

So, from a developer perspective, they need to hit that thin line... and everybody here on the codex knows its difficult.

Ironmonk

Augur
the update is already available and at first glance its nice.

But for me is unplayable, since its not working properly on linux... extremely slow.

I tried on windows just to be sure and there the performance seems to be as good as before the update.

Ironmonk

Augur
I tried a few things and it seems that you can go to Properties -> Compatibility and set it Proton 7.0.6 (both 8.0.4 and Experimental are too slow)

with this, the game runs with a performance that seems similar to windows.

I will try to play a couple of hours and then report my findings later.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Great. I'm gonna try it out soon as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom