Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elementium - Video 3 is now up

Malifax

Novice
Hey everyone. Just uploaded a new vid for Elementium. Check it out and see what you all think. Criticisms welcomed...I want to make a game that not only I want to play but maybe some of you old-school dungeon crawlers wanna play too :)

Anyhow...here is the youtube link. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymULzA02uw

soggie

Educated
Looks interesting. I think you need some work on the graphics though. At this stage of development your basic systems seem to be alright. I can help you with some of the interface (I'm not that good, but I think I can come up with something nice) elements. What say you?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Lovely. :)

I'm not too bothered about the graphics, really. Some pictures look a little smudgy, sure, but it's better than no graphical representation at all.

However the click sound in the menu/interface is pretty annoying/loud.

Lord Rocket

Erudite
Looks good. Can I ask how far along you are development wise? I kind of skipped through your videos since I wasn't that interested in the commentary but the general situations covered in each of them were fairly similar (early game stuff, you know). I suppose I'm most interested in seeing some combat and getting a general idea of what that's going to be like.
Also, could you tell us a bit more about what you've got planned for the dungeons (if anything at this stage) - hopefully you'll have lots of scripts and things to keep stuff interesting. I played Risen recently, and while I enjoyed it, it had, what, two kinds of traps (pit and spike) and one way to open secret doors (the rings)?
Myself, I'd rather see a few short dungeons with lots of flavour text and secret doors and stuff as opposed to lots of big, bland dungeons.

By the way the graphics are fine as they're consistent - if a little amateurish, so I hope they'll be worked on more as time goes on.

Anyway, good luck mate, I'm always happy to see new crawlers being made.

looks good so far,
if you attack the guard do other guards get annoyed with you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom