Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Mickey and Kirby Epic's Yarn new trailers.

Melcar

Arcane
Not a fan of the new Kirby, but Epic Mickey looks like it can be good (it will most likely be shit and popamole, though).

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Melcar said:
Not a fan of the new Kirby, but Epic Mickey looks like it can be good (it will most likely be shit and popamole, though).

If anyone can deliver quality in the modern industry, it's Warren Spector.

J1M

Arcane
Xor said:
Melcar said:

Deus Ex 2 proves this.

Cassidy

Arcane
I would bother watching them, if I was 15 years younger.

Seriously, if Warren Spector became involved in "Epic Barney" or "Epic Teletubbies", I bet the blind cults of personality here(mostly devoted to His Holiness Avellone) would post news about it.

Felix

Arcane
Fuck you, the old 'lost' disney was awesome, haters gonna hate.

Felix

Arcane
WTF, the game with old Disney characters that new shit generation doesn't know existed, and even have Oswald as villain is generic and cash-in now ? :retarded:

Also he doesn't like platformer obviously

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
New Kirby looks pretty, but mother of god the gameplay looks so boring. Why did they think it was a good idea to replace the fun ability copying gimmick with "press A at key points of area/enemy/boss to win"?

Alex

Arcane
Cassidy said:

Seriously, if Warren Spector became involved in "Epic Barney" or "Epic Teletubbies", I bet the blind cults of personality here(mostly devoted to His Holiness Avellone) would post news about it.

Meh, I seriously wouldn't mind one bit if the game looked interesting. I mean, have you ever played Psychonauts? The game is certainly more than a little childish, but it has plenty of qualities that make it worth playing (provided you like 3D platformers.

That said, I have no idea why this "Epic Mickey" (is that really it's title?) is supposed to be good. Never paid much attention during development and I heard recently a lot of its interesting features got dropped. Could anyone comment on that?

Alex

Arcane
spekkio said:
Alex said:
Psychonauts? The game is certainly more than a little childish
:what:

Could you... you know, elaborate? :?

I didn't mean that in a bad way. I love psychonauts, but the games has a lot that is supposed to appeal more to children than to adults. It is hard to avoid that when most of the characters (including the main character) are children themselves.

Now that I think about that, maybe Psychonauts is a bad example, because underneath the trappings is a very much adult (if not completely serious) story.

Anyway, my point is that we should judge a game by itself. Since I liked many of Warren's previous titles, I see no reason to ignore this one right out of the bat, just because it stars Mickey Mouse.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Alex said:
I mean, have you ever played Psychonauts? The game is certainly more than a little childish, but it has plenty of qualities that make it worth playing (provided you like 3D platformers.
i hate 3d platformers and still love psychonauts. it's that good.

Tycn

Savant
I played Psychonauts for a while and the 'adult' stuff totally eluded me. Was some time ago though, and I can't remember much about it (other than the aforementioned lack of 'adult' stuff). Would someone care to point out some examples?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I played Psychonauts for a couple of hours, then decided that the (admittedly very good) charm and humour weren't enough to salvage what was, at heart, a slow-paced, easy and not very good platformer.

Alex

Arcane
Tycn said:
I played Psychonauts for a while and the 'adult' stuff totally eluded me. Was some time ago though, and I can't remember much about it (other than the aforementioned lack of 'adult' stuff). Would someone care to point out some examples?

Most of the minds you enter and help have an adult story to tell. By adult, I mean something that is more likely to interest a grown up than a small kid, not violence and/or sex. I mean, the people at the asylum all have mental disorders the player must help with. While the game's treatment of these disorders is far from deep, it isn't built specifically for children either.

Satori said:
The burning to death children memory room.

I love the fact that it happens on a nondescript room most people don't even notice.

The only reference to sex I remember is Sasha's memories from when he discovered his powers, when he tries to read his dad's mind to find out stuff about his dead mom...only to be greeted with an image of his mom nude and acting seductively (the game doesn't show anything from the neck down, though).

entertainer

Arbiter
You have no new messages

Check-out Codex Merchandise - Buy stuff from Amazon - Link Converter
T-Shirt Hell | Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de | Fishpond.co.nz
(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)

Donate and get rid
of these pesky ads!

Codex T-Shirts RPG Codex :: Latest News
Legerdemain & other assorted Roguelike Updates
DeathSpank finally coming to PC
On Game Design and Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tacticular Cancer :: Latest News
Shogun 2: Morder Dem
Squad Battles: Red Victory at Armchair General
AGEOD on Pride of Nations
Codex Mugs

Epic Mickey and Kirby Epic's Yarn new trailers.

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic
Felix

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 03:02:55 Post subject: Epic Mickey and Kirby Epic's Yarn new trailers.

Epic Mickey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7TFF0yah1c

The old Disney, fuck yeah.

Epic Yarn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbkFor4LBcs

Make me want to

Melcar

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 05:00:04 Post subject:

Xor

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 06:25:19 Post subject:

Melcar wrote:

J1M

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 07:19:00 Post subject:

Xor wrote:
Melcar wrote:

Deus Ex 2 proves this.
_________________Code:
J1M

Cassidy

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 07:25:56 Post subject:

Let's play a mediocre Obsidian Mass Effect Clone(Complementary E-Drama Included) Haba wrote:
My butt is fine. 20 years of sodomy have enabled me to stretch my anus so much that I can fit in objects of virtually any size without discomfort. If you're interested, we can explore those avenues in greater detail later.

Azarkon wrote:
Evaluated from the perspective of technical expertise, graphics, sound, overall production, gameplay, etc. Doom is a shit game compared to any game today.

DarkUnderlord

Location: Sitting on the outside, looking in and complaining a lot.
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 07:38:52 Post subject:

Shit's so epic now they put epic in the title.
Tacticular Cancer # We'll have your balls #

Complexity is only simplicity multiplied.

Felix

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 08:05:11 Post subject:

Fuck you, the old 'lost' disney was awesome, haters gonna hate.

Satori

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:17:58 Post subject:

Melcar wrote:

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/11/ ... ey-lineup/

Felix

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:35:58 Post subject:

WTF, the game with old Disney characters that new shit generation doesn't know existed, and even have Oswald as villain is generic and cash-in now ?

Also he doesn't like platformer obviously

POOPOO MCBUMFACE

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48:05 Post subject:

New Kirby looks pretty, but mother of god the gameplay looks so boring. Why did they think it was a good idea to replace the fun ability copying gimmick with "press A at key points of area/enemy/boss to win"?
_________________BLOBERT wrote:
BROS FACE IT YOU FAGS ARE MOSTLY NEW SHIT COCKSLAVES

A DECENT INDIE GAMES COMES OUT AND NO ONE GI ES A SHIT OR LOTS OF OLD CLASSICS ARE AROUND THAT NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT PLAYING BROS

Alex

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 16:00:38 Post subject:

Cassidy wrote:

Meh, I seriously wouldn't mind one bit if the game looked interesting. I mean, have you ever played Psychonauts? The game is certainly more than a little childish, but it has plenty of qualities that make it worth playing (provided you like 3D platformers.

That said, I have no idea why this "Epic Mickey" (is that really it's title?) is supposed to be good. Never paid much attention during development and I heard recently a lot of its interesting features got dropped. Could anyone comment on that?

spekkio

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 16:06:20 Post subject:

Alex wrote:

Could you... you know, elaborate?

Dicksmoker
3 balls, 2 dick

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 16:17:37 Post subject:

POOPOO MCBUMFACE wrote:
Why did they think it was a good idea to replace the fun ability copying gimmick

It has that.

Alex

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 16:36:23 Post subject:

spekkio wrote:
Alex wrote:

Could you... you know, elaborate?

I didn't mean that in a bad way. I love psychonauts, but the games has a lot that is supposed to appeal more to children than to adults. It is hard to avoid that when most of the characters (including the main character) are children themselves.

Now that I think about that, maybe Psychonauts is a bad example, because underneath the trappings is a very much adult (if not completely serious) story.

Anyway, my point is that we should judge a game by itself. Since I liked many of Warren's previous titles, I see no reason to ignore this one right out of the bat, just because it stars Mickey Mouse.

SuicideBunny
-

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 16:36:53 Post subject:

Alex wrote:
I mean, have you ever played Psychonauts? The game is certainly more than a little childish, but it has plenty of qualities that make it worth playing (provided you like 3D platformers.

i hate 3d platformers and still love psychonauts. it's that good.

Tycn

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 17:09:41 Post subject:

Satori

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 17:18:51 Post subject:

POOPOO MCBUMFACE

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 17:20:29 Post subject:

I played Psychonauts for a couple of hours, then decided that the (admittedly very good) charm and humour weren't enough to salvage what was, at heart, a slow-paced, easy and not very good platformer.
_________________BLOBERT wrote:
BROS FACE IT YOU FAGS ARE MOSTLY NEW SHIT COCKSLAVES

A DECENT INDIE GAMES COMES OUT AND NO ONE GI ES A SHIT OR LOTS OF OLD CLASSICS ARE AROUND THAT NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT PLAYING BROS

Alex

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 17:33:16 Post subject:

Tycn wrote:

Most of the minds you enter and help have an adult story to tell. By adult, I mean something that is more likely to interest a grown up than a small kid, not violence and/or sex. I mean, the people at the asylum all have mental disorders the player must help with. While the game's treatment of these disorders is far from deep, it isn't built specifically for children either.

Clockwork Knight

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 18:27:13 Post subject:

Satori wrote:

I love the fact that it happens on a nondescript room most people don't even notice.

The only reference to sex I remember is Sasha's memories from when he discovered his powers, when he tries to read his dad's mind to find out stuff about his dead mom...only to be greeted with an image of his mom nude and acting seductively (the game doesn't show anything from the neck down, though).
_________________nomask7 wrote:
If you've ever worked in a kindergarten, you've probably noticed how one child sometimes begins to chant something, such as "all bears are toys, all bears are toys", then other children will join in with him, so that after a while every child in the room is chanting, "all bears are toys, all bears are toys." You might put in, "No they are not. That one in the picture, for example." They would continue, "all bears are toys, all bears are toys."

That really happens, and quite often too. It's also exactly how adults in academia think and behave most of the time.

The Codex Forums -> General Gaming All times are GMT + 3 Hours

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies Jump to:

Quick Reply:

Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum

The Codex expects that every man shall do his patriotic duty and give internets.