Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News ES4: Oblivion - Nehrim Released in English

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

<p>It's time to rejoice, ESCodex. The english version of <strong>Nehrim - At Fate's Edge</strong>, the best Oblivion mod ever besides Fallout: New Vegas, <a href="http://www.nehrim.de/infosEV.html" target="_blank">has been released</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>1.)&nbsp; Nehrim is a game focusing both on story and classical RPG gameplay. You solve quests, earn experience points, collect better equipment. Although this sounds rather conventional, Nehrim finds a perfect balance between a stunning presentation and the actual game. If you are not motivated to proceed playing once you have started, you are probably doing something wrong.<br /><br />2.) There is something to discover at every corner in Nehrim. Monotonous woods and impassionately designed dungeons? Not here! And honestly: Who wants to wander through landscapes you can find outside your own home? Nehrim includes sets of landscapes that have never been implemented in any game before.<br /><br />3.) There is more to the story than "Go save the world". Much more. The characters have deep personalities, they change throughout the game. And who knows, there may even be some romance...<br /><br />4.) There is going to be a new soundtrack. Our team musicians Simon W. Autenrieth and Lukas Deschel have been industrious so even acoustics freaks will be comfortable in the new world. Aside from these compositions there will also be a gig by Schandmaul, a popular Folk-Rock band, who kindly have provided a song for the project.<br /><br />5.) Nehrim has an elaborate synchronization. And when we say elaborate, we're talking no less than 56 professional voice actors and a recording studio from Berlin that got our backs. Regarding this, Nehrim may just be one of the biggest synchronization projects ever having been undergone for a fan project.<br /><br />6.) Nehrim is free. All you need is a copy of TES IV: Oblivion.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Download <a href="http://www.nehrim.de/dataEV.html" target="_blank">here</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11381">RPGWatch</a></p>

bhlaab

Erudite
commie said:
Wel now we can see if JarlFrank is a retarded Oblivious fanboi or not with his nauseating praise for this. ;)

Well the first dungeon is a linear slog of scripted events and instant-death traps and as soon as you get outside they tell you to go back inside and kill some rats.

Luzur

Good Sir
Not really, if you go straight from the boat to Pelagiad she'll still let you be her special friend and sleep in her house, as long as you do some stuff for her. But no yiffing - same for the mod

(Because I have to after SO MANY posts in the WIP)
Q: So romancing huh... that must mean theres hot coffee action!
A: No, stop there, no. This is not a adult mod, itis a companion mod with a storyline involving you two making a relationship and bieng very good, special friends. So no, there is no hot coffee action, the only action might be slightly warm (she gives you a couple grins that are suggestive, but nothing more then that).

Figures most questions would be about sex. Fucking Nexus.

Also, someone said earlier Nehrim contains no furry races, only modified nords, imperials and hal-elves.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Played that mod (in German) and liked it very much.
At least the time I spent with it, since the game kept on crashing some seconds after talking to the priest (or whatever, I can't remember) and exiting his house, making it impossible to play further.

Maybe this won't happen next time I install it. Who knows.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I guess I could put up with that.

So, it focuses more on the main quest. But in a sandbox environment? I guess that could be okay. Does the quest have you wondering all over? How is the story? Is there any C&C?

Also, they mentioned Gothic in the faq. Should I expect a lot Gothic similarities?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dicksmoker said:
I guess I could put up with that.

So, it focuses more on the main quest. But in a sandbox environment? I guess that could be okay. Does the quest have you wondering all over? How is the story? Is there any C&C?

Also, they mentioned Gothic in the faq. Should I expect a lot Gothic similarities?

Well by art style and locations it seems like a Gothic 3 mod. If it's like that I'll be happy. Have to find my pirated Oblivious copy first.

kris

Arcane
It certainly seems to have better art direction and what they say sounds better than vanilla oblivion. Not sure I am convinced still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom