Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout and ToEE: first games with gay marriage

Caveman

Scholar
You can read in this article: Top 20 Gayest Video Game Characters - #6 on GayGamer.net

" 6. Bertram – Temple of Elemental Evil

In 2004 while George W. was waging the war against gay marriage (and still is) , Atari won a small battle with Temple of Elemental Evil. In the game you came across a pirate named Bertram, who beseeches your party to rescue him from his “master”. If you are successful Bertram will marry one of the male members of the party and they live happily ever after. Needless to say, this caused quite a stir amongst the gaming community. The games’ producer Tom Decker, had this to say in an interview with RPG Vault:

“Doing some of the writing for the game, I had a lot of fun with creating some of the characters and quests in Nulb. I particularly felt strongly that since we had several heterosexual marriages available in Hommlet, we should include at least one homosexual encounter in the game (although there were actually two, one was in the brothel that was removed) and not to make it a stereotyped, over the top situation, but on par with the other relationships available in the game. I felt strongly about keeping the character of Bertram in the game, and I am glad we were allowed to keep him, despite any controversy it might cause. It’s been entertaining reading the boards about Bertram and reactions to him.”

And so, Temple of Elemental Evil will go down in history as one of the first video games to feature a gay marriage, along with Fallout and Fallout2, and eventually games like Fable and The Sims. Mr. Bush, take note, if you allow gay marriage, we will all go and marry gay pirates. Um…I’ll have one Jack Sparrow to go, please.

If anyone has a better picture of Bertram to share, please do as this was the only one I could find.

Thanks to the readers who pointed out our overlooking of Fallout"

http://gaygamer.net/2006/07/top_20_gayest_video_game_chara_16.html

Damn, I didnt know about that...

Sckarecrow92 said:
I'll have one Jack Sparrow to go, please

People who say annoying shit like this are obnoxious.

We all know Orlando Bloom is hotter.
get-5-2009-upload2world_com_wmeztsi.jpg

Phelot

Arcane
Yeah but Fallout's marriage is more a joke and ToEE should be a joke considering it's a fucking gay pirate with a pink (or was it purple?) bandana.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
IIRC, a female character could get involved with Miria in Modoc.

Que bizarro shotgun wedding and plenty of awkward moments.

Phelot

Arcane
Also a male character could marry Miria's brother... whom I can't recall the name of.

The father would walk in and say that he knew something was funny about him... also something about him and the cows... lol

Multi-headed Cow

The question is does vaginal cow sex lead to the gay, or only anal cow sex?

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Is it possible to totally avoid gay marriage in Fallout?

Discuss

Severian Silk

Is it really possible to be totally not gay in RL?

Discuss

fresh28

Novice
games

Hello anyone know website where we can find all kinds of games like fighting games, arcade games, racing games, sports games, puzzle games, funny games, shooting games. share in the forum.

Deleted member 7219

Re: games

fresh28 said:
Hello anyone know website where we can find all kinds of games like fighting games, arcade games, racing games, sports games, puzzle games, funny games, shooting games. share in the forum.

Hi fresh28 I know a site that has all kinds of games that I'd like to share with you. Just click here to get started!

Re: games

fresh28 said:
Not discussin 'em Mr.Bot but for downloadin I recommend the snesorama forums.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Brave new gay world. I want gay marriage in my Dwarf Fortress now!

Shoelip

Arbiter
Fowyr said:
Brave new gay world. I want gay marriage in my Dwarf Fortress now!

Oh well, it's not like you can tell the difference anyway. What with the beards and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom