Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout New Vegas is officially a good game

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
1eyedking said:
The Codex is such a cheap whore these days.
Do we really have to bring out that Codex going down the toilet thread from... 2004 was it?

phelot said:
:lol: Really? He's THAT annoying?!
OK, so he only did it once, but I thought it was hilarious.

Blanc found it quite endearing too. I mean, a famous actor calling you at home and asking for hints, because he's stuck playing your very own game in the middle of the night? it's quite an ego boost I would think. Same for having Douglas Adams call YOU and ask you to help him convert his book/radio show into a game; usually you'd have to go beg an author before he throws the rights at you while demanding exhorbitant fees.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Xor said:
Ice T is a gamer? What the fuck.

981703181-00.jpg

He's known of games for a long time.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
racofer said:
1eyedking said:

I agree, dear neighbor. I agree.

When I registered here, this place used to stand for something. We had principles and we stood by them with a ferocious attitude.

What we're seeing today is nothing but a disgrace. This place is ridden with emofags who cannot take a simple picture on a nsfw thread without baawwwing all over the place, demanding immediate punishment ala TESF and promptly hitting the ignore button, as if they were taking a quick fix on their daily meth doses.

I never thought I would say this, but at least during VD's reign the hypocrisy didn't run as strong as now. I'm very butthurt about today's Codex. :/

No funnay gifs? When did you start thinking your words were worth reading? Get the fuck outta here

Seems like racofer has become a cheap whore as well

MisterStone

Arcane
"Too much talking"

:x

Who gives a fuck about Ice-T, this guy was the biggest phony and publicity whore in showbiz for 15 years.

Murk

Arcane
People's impersonation of Ice-T is fucking terrible.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ICE T HAS GROWN O N ME I DIDN'T LIKE HIM AT FIRST BUT THEN HE WAS OKAY IN THAT MOVIE WHERE RUTGER HAUER WAS HUNTING HUIM AND NOW SVU BRO ICE T IS GREAT AND MARISKA IS THE HOTTEST FORTY PLUS WOMAN ON TV

racofer said:
1eyedking said:

I agree, dear neighbor. I agree.

When I registered here, this place used to stand for something. We had principles and we stood by them with a ferocious attitude.

What we're seeing today is nothing but a disgrace. This place is ridden with emofags who cannot take a simple picture on a nsfw thread without baawwwing all over the place, demanding immediate punishment ala TESF and promptly hitting the ignore button, as if they were taking a quick fix on their daily meth doses.

I never thought I would say this, but at least during VD's reign the hypocrisy didn't run as strong as now. I'm very butthurt about today's Codex. :/

Yes, wwaaaayyyyyy back in 2008 :roll:

I can't remember the last time I was young enough for 2 years to be a a significant length of time ago.

Topher

Cipher
Freelance Henchman said:
Trash said:
IceT said:
I just killed Benny and jacked the platinum chip.

Staying in character I see. Word. :D

The Iceman has experience playing a post-apoc (okay, cyberpunk) thug, he had a small role in Johhny Mnemonic.

...and in tank girl. Hint, he was a half-man half-kangaroo.

CrimsonAngel said:
Tank girl is awesome....

Lol, I remember that film:).

My main recollection - other than 'how much cocaine did it take for McDowell to slide from being awesome in 'A Clockwork Orange' to eking out a living with this trash?' - is the film having the most hilariously badly acted scene in the history of film. I'm talking about the one where Tankgirl (and I think Jetgirl, or whatever Naomi Watts was called) first meet Rain Lady (? or is it just the Madam - been years since I've seen it). She paces in a circle around the set crunched over like a high school actor trying to look 'sneaky' (or like a Gamebryo character in sneak mode). It would have looked too stagey even in a stageplay, let alone a film scene done as a static longish-midshot. It's a wanky description, I know, but I'm pretty certain that if you watch the film you'll recognise the scene - it's the one where you fall backwards laughing.

Good fun, nonetheless:).

Topher said:
Freelance Henchman said:
Trash said:
IceT said:

The Iceman has experience playing a post-apoc (okay, cyberpunk) thug, he had a small role in Johhny Mnemonic.

Yes, a friend of mine idolised the character and film as a young feminist-in-the-making on her way to becoming a womens' studies lecturer. She ended up abandoning the comic after tank-girl hooks up with one of the half-kangaroos and started to drift from 'female-action-hero' to 'holy-shit-she-fucks-kangaroos'.

Topher

Cipher
Azrael the cat said:
Topher said:
Freelance Henchman said:
Trash said:
IceT said:

Yes, a friend of mine idolised the character and film as a young feminist-in-the-making on her way to becoming a womens' studies lecturer. She ended up abandoning the comic after tank-girl hooks up with one of the half-kangaroos and started to drift from 'female-action-hero' to 'holy-shit-she-fucks-kangaroos'.

That was probably a good call.

Suchy

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
CrimsonAngel said:
Tank girl is awesome....

Lol, I remember that film:).

My main recollection - other than 'how much cocaine did it take for McDowell to slide from being awesome in 'A Clockwork Orange' to eking out a living with this trash?' - is the film having the most hilariously badly acted scene in the history of film. I'm talking about the one where Tankgirl (and I think Jetgirl, or whatever Naomi Watts was called) first meet Rain Lady (? or is it just the Madam - been years since I've seen it). She paces in a circle around the set crunched over like a high school actor trying to look 'sneaky' (or like a Gamebryo character in sneak mode). It would have looked too stagey even in a stageplay, let alone a film scene done as a static longish-midshot. It's a wanky description, I know, but I'm pretty certain that if you watch the film you'll recognise the scene - it's the one where you fall backwards laughing.

Good fun, nonetheless:).
Watch Evilenko. McDowell is back as an awesome motherfucker.
Evilenko.jpg

Good movie too, and has Angelo Badalamenti soundtrack.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom