Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite Interface in an rpg!

entertainer

Arbiter
So who got you into dick sucking?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Serus said:
Speaking seriously, Betrayal at Krondor had a simple and elegant interface imo.
Yes. Every necessary function in reach of a simple left click or a right click, and all with just eleven icons on the screen.

Fallout's interface was fast and easy to use. Just as it should be.

Barrow_Bug said:
I'm enjoying NVW 2's UI ATM. And why does the Codex hate this game so much, I'm kinda digging it.

I liked it, but there's a lot to bitch about it. Like shit engine for starters.

Betrayal at Krondor is indeed a streamlined system. Very easy to pick up. As someone else stated, Fallout's was quite nice too, especially in combat, speech and just about everything else except perhaps inventory, and even with this it is not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Ultimately, there haven't been all that many RPG's in a long time with horrid interfaces.

Arcanum had a decent interface, except for the added on called shots. That was very C64ish having to hold down certain keys while attacking.

TOEE did well for the sheer amount of commands available. Again, a lot of people complained about the radial menu, but how else should it have been done with that many possible commands? You could use hotkeys if you wanted to.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
ScreenShot0.jpg

Thrasher

Erudite
Although an intimidating info overload at first, I really liked Wiz 8 once I got used to it.

bhlaab

Erudite
thesheeep said:
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:

What the fuck?
Have you ever opened the inventory?

It's alright with the mouse wheel hack

Thrasher

Erudite
thesheeep said:
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:

What the fuck?
Have you ever opened the inventory?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom