Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

FIFA World Cup 2010

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
This is a long shot, but I got this today on the PS3 and was wondering if anyone from here would like to get their ass kicked by me.

Just to let, you know what you are up against;

I was playing online as Bermuda, a team unsurprisingly given the lowest possible rating of 0.5/5 on the game, and I made a guy quit because I was beating him 4-2 when he was being Germany, a 5-star team.

It has an online world cup simulation where everyone plays matches against each other and progresses in the same way as the world cup. If you do not qualify from your group or you lose in the knockout phase, you must start again from the beginning. I got into the final with the USA (a relatively mediocre team) on my first attempt at this, and had the misfortune of coming up against an Australian in the final, who somehow managed to use the lag against me and took the cup. Still, point made.

I hardly ever use the player skills in this game. I play a solid passing game, pulling my opponent apart, and probing them with through-balls until I find an opening to exploit. This is why I can still stand up to people without being a top team. They rely on individual players, whereas I play as a team. I currently have 12 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss.

So if anyone wants to be humiliated just send me a message with your PSN id.

A few other things: the atmosphere this game manages to create is incredible. It really does have the look and feel of a real world cup match. When you are in on goal or you swing a cross into the box, you hear the crowd roar in excitement, and it really does get the blood pumping. Also, you can almost feel the desperation of your opposition when you are pounding them into submission as they desperately try to weather the storm as you send pass after pass, cross after cross, and shot after shot flying in their direction. The game even manages to instill a feeling of contempt for your opponent, not unlike that which you might feel while watching your country for real. I often find myself laughing maniacally after scoring a goal in a close-fought match against a tough opponent. It exaggerates this by letting you rub it in their faces after scoring, using elaborate celebrations triggered by the buttons and thumbstick.

praetor

Arcane
fifa? lol. nextgen football game for fags. PES (6) is what real man play

jedc53

Novice
I really hope there is a price war on this and it drops to around £25 then I'll buy it.I like to watch FIFA World Cup 2010.I am a football fans.If its £24 quid I might invest in it.But ill more than likely just rent it.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
The only person who makes a proper contribution to my thread is a retarded bot. Perfect.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom