Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima Gallery of screenshots from the original isometric Ultima 9

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
System Shock 2 is not early 3d. People using that term for games released in late nineties are like mongoloids calling Kotor the first PC crpg.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There was a certain type of eye cancer inducing lowest common denominator 3D that stopped being made after 2002 or so (Simon 3D, PtD), but maybe the term "bad" would be more appropriate than "early".

Hm, I wonder if those liking the early 3D look were young when it was all the rage, and such games were their first ones. Like those who love CGA are probably the kids of 80s, and so on. Honestly, I can't see any other explanations for liking it, it's hideous.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Hm, I wonder if those liking the early 3D look were young when it was all the rage, and such games were their first ones. Like those who love CGA are probably the kids of 80s, and so on. Honestly, I can't see any other explanations for liking it, it's hideous.

Nigga, please. My first games had CGA graphics and were played on monochrome display. Still I like screenshots in OP. Graphic serviceable, not headache-inducing and have a certain charm.

I think bad font is more repulsive than bad graphic.
I look on you, WarWizard!
WarWizard.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Early 3d occasionally has its benefits. System Shock 2 for instance, the low-poly visuals actually give the enemies a more eerie nightmarish look imo, it left a lot for the imagination.

SS2 was already into the realm of good or decent 3D. When I say early 3D was the worst I am pretty much focusing on super early PS1 style bullshit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
System Shock 2 was mid-period 3D, but it had crappy character models due to Irrational being misled into thinking they had a lower poly budget than they actually had.

Nigga, please. My first games had CGA graphics and were played on monochrome display. Still I like screenshots in OP. Graphic serviceable, not headache-inducing and have a certain charm.

I think bad font is more repulsive than bad graphic.
I look on you, WarWizard!
WarWizard.jpg
Well, my first games was some later EGA ones (but mostly VGA), and I find earlier 3D pig disgusting.

But gotta agree with you on the fonts, bad kerning and unsuitable fonts are sometimes worse than ugly graphics style. Especially if the game is text-heavy. I mean, just look at BG:EE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom